How do I export my customer's order history from my Prostores storefront?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1. Log into your account and access the Storefront Administration screen by clicking the "Store Manager" link on the left.

2. Click the "Launch Tool" button.

3. Click "Support" on the left menu, then click "Export Data".

4. On the "Export Store Data" screen, choose "Orders" from the Table to Export drop-down menu. On the Target Platform drop-down, choose "MS Windows/DOS", and then click "Export"

5. On the Export page, set the Pre-defined Date Ranges drop-down menu to "All", and click "Export".

6. On the Overwrite Confirmation page, click "Confirm"

7. On the Export Status page, click the "orders.csv link" to download the file to your computer. For stores with a large order history, it may take several minutes for this report to generate. The screen will refresh every 30 seconds. It may refresh several times before the "orders.csv" link appears.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Patti McAleenan

Patti McAleenan

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for making this so easy!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Happy to help!
Photo of Teryl Loy8797

Teryl Loy8797

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is great but...how do I import the same data to the new site?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The order history won't import. This is just so that you have a record in case you ever need it.
Photo of Teryl Loy8797

Teryl Loy8797

I tried to use this process for exporting the Custmer data. I could not find "Support" and then "Export". It appears the browser path has been changed. Is there another way to get to this screen?
Photo of Teryl Loy8797

Teryl Loy8797

Was my Customer information moved over to BigCommerce when the product information was moved over?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Go to the store menu in Prostores. You should see an option for Basic mode and Advanced mode. Make sure you are in Advanced mode.

Drew
Photo of Teryl Loy8797

Teryl Loy8797

I realize order information was not moved over when you migrated our data, but was Customer Contact information moved over?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes, the customer list should have been imported into the new store.
Photo of Teryl Loy8797

Teryl Loy8797

Great. Thanks!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome.
Photo of apronattitudes

apronattitudes

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i cannot find homestead on google send me a link so i can save my customers history ..thank you
apronattitudes.com
ppolks6@cfl.rr.com
Photo of apronattitudes

apronattitudes

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i cannot find homestead on google
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Just type in www.homestead.com and it will pull the site up. The steps above show you in detail how to export the order history. If you are getting stuck somewhere can you please explain with some detail the problem. Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Lee4314

Lee4314

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there a way to (re)import this into the orders history table on BigCommerce, now that I've moved over?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

No, Sorry there is not a way to import the old order history.

Mike
Photo of JOSE A.0206

JOSE A.0206

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How to retrieve old orders....

Where are the completed order prior to the transition. They were not transferred to the new site? Help...need to access some of them immediately.
Photo of Donna2757

Donna2757

• 70 Points
my computer will not allow download manager how can I get past this to reopen my store....very irritated have customers that cannot place orders.......
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

What is it you are trying to do?

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry, I see. What is happening when you click on the exported file?

Drew
Photo of Donna2757

Donna2757

• 70 Points
frustrated
Photo of Jim5927

Jim5927

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have done this twice now, I have them both saved now what? just for my records? Or do I have to import them to bigcommerce?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Jim5927, The instructions above are just so you have the information for your records. There's not a way to import the into the BC system.

Mike
Photo of Mina7747

Mina7747

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would even be happy if I could download the data. The admin support functions have been disabled on my site.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Many of the functions have purposely been disabled for contractual and other reasons. What function are you trying to access?
Photo of Deb7990

Deb7990

• 62 Points
This is TERRIBLE! I can't believe that I just followed these instructions and the data will only create a spreadsheet for my records. I want the data imported into the new website. Very frustrated and disappointed with this system!!!
Photo of Mina7747

Mina7747

FRUSTRATED is an understatement. I'm furious with the way this transition was handled. I still cannot access my prior order history.
Photo of Mina7747

Mina7747

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Impossible to download or export my customer list or order history.

Homestead's forced transition to BigCommerce has been a nightmare! I just got this email:

"As mentioned in previous emails, Homestead Storefront is now powered by Bigcommerce and your new store with all of your products is already built at:
http://store-c9tz3.mybigcommerce.com . Your old Storefront, previously powered by ProStores will be shut down on March 3rd, 2014. After that date, you will no longer have access to your old store or Administration tools. If you would like to save your customer’s order history, you must export your data before March 3rd."

Unfortunately, I can't actually access my administrative tools to download my several years worth of customer history. The only thing that shows in what used to be my administrative/support panel now is "ProStores Upgrade Your Store".
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Let me know where you are getting stuck. You should be able to click the "launch tool" button as shown in step 2, and continue to the old store administration screen. If you are getting stuck explain what step and what you are seeing.

Mike
Photo of Mina7747

Mina7747

The "OLD STORE ADMIN SCREEN" doesn't exist on my panel. It's been replaced by a banner "Upgrade my store". it would so so so so so easy if I had access to my admin panel.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just emailed you your order history. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Mike
Photo of Graham Taylor

Graham Taylor

• 70 Points
This sucks! I'm in a loop, can't contact you on your phone number. I think you are going to lose a lot of business.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry if you are unable to get through on the phones. You are welcome to explain your question here and we'll do our best to help you out.

Mike
Photo of Mina7747

Mina7747

I've had the same issue--dealing with Homestead has been AWFUL. I hope they never sign a new customer.
Photo of ron c

ron c

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
this step was easy :)
Photo of Robyn4970

Robyn4970

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So how long before my page will be back up and running? It just says "under maintenance" right now.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you tell us which site and page you are referring to. I see you have several.

Mike
Photo of Robyn4970

Robyn4970

the entire e-commerce site down
Photo of Robyn4970

Robyn4970

I've done everything the emails said to do
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

H Robyn4970, It looks like the tech login for your store was removed so we are unable to log into your account to see the issue. It is most likely one of two things. The store is either closed for maintenance, or the pointing process was not done correctly. If you need some help and need us to look at this for you, give us a call at 800-710-1998 and you can create and share a tech login for the support agent.

Mike
Photo of James1287

James1287

• 70 Points
I seem to be having the same issue as Robyn4970 above. Getting the "Down for Maintenance" message.

libtyroc@aol.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

James1287, Your store was also closed for maintenance, but I was able to open your. If it's not working in a couple hours, double check the settings on this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of James1287

James1287

• 70 Points
Thanks Mike. Look okay now.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The "www" subdomain is still not working but it may take a couple hours if you just made any changes to the domain. If it's not working in a couple hours click the link referenced in my previous post and take a close look at your entry in Task 1, Step 3, as this is the most common place for mistake.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.