Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
2. Check the box to the left of the categories you would like to map, then click Choose an action ›Bulk Update Google Shopping Categories. Please note that parent categories do not automatically map their sub-categories and must be done individually.
3. Choose the Google Shopping Category that best represents your store's category. You can be as specific as you need to be.
4. Click Choose this Category.
5. Repeat this process for all of your categories that you wish to map.
6. To see which Google Shopping category your category is mapped to, hover your mouse over the the Google Shopping icon to its right. (The icons will no longer be grayed out once the categories are mapped.) There will be a pop-up letting you know which Google category it is mapped to.
Enabling Your Products Individually 1. In your Bigcommerce Control Panel, go to Products › View Products.
2. Click on the name of the products you would like to edit.
3. Select the Google Shopping tab.
4. Select Enable Google Shopping, then select the appropriate category to associate with your product.
5. Fill out the remaining information that is required for your product according to Google Shopping's Summary of Attribute Requirements.
6. If your product is custom and doesn't have a UPC or EAN, check Custom Item.
7. Click Save.
You will have to repeat this process for all of the products that you would like to export to Google Shopping. If you have many products in your store, you may wish to consider enabling them in bulk.When finished, you are ready to export you Google shopping feed.
Enabling Your Products In Bulk If your product is a custom product (and has no UPC or EAN), you will need to individually edit them to mark Custom Item. However, you can still enable them and fill out the attribute information in bulk.
1. In your Bigcommerce Control Panel, select Products › Export Products.
2. Select the Bulk Edit template, then select to export as a CSV file, and select Continue.
3. Follow the prompts to generate and download your Bulk Edit CSV file.
4. Once you have downloaded your file, open it using your spreadsheet editing software. For this example, we are using Microsoft Excel.
5. Navigate to the right-most columns in your file, where you will find columns that begin with GPS. These are the columns that you will need to edit for your products to be enabled.
See Google Shopping columns below for details about these columns.
6. Add a Y to the GPS Enabled column. Enter all relevant information for your products the GPS columns.
7. Once you have completed your CSV file, you will need to upload it in to your store. From your store's Control Panel, go to Products › Import Products.
8. Check Bulk Edit Reimport, then reimport your file.
Google Shopping Columns This is a breakdown of the GPS (now Google Shopping) columns in the export file and what they're used for. Not all of these columns are required for all products. Use Google Shopping's Summary of Attribute Requirements to find which attributes you have to list for your products. You can find further information on Google's accepted values for these columns on Google's Product Feed Specificationspage.
Column HeaderValueGPS Global Trade Item NumberA global trade number associated with this product. In North America, this will be the UPC. In Europe, this will be the EAN.GPS Manufacturer Part NumberA Manufacturer Part Number is used to reference and identify a product using a manufacturer specific naming other than GTIN.GPS GenderThe gender of your product. This is required for all apparel items in feeds that target the US, UK, DE, FR, and JP.GPS Age GroupThis is the target age group for your product.GPS ColorThe color of your product.GPS SizeThis indicates the size of your product.GPS MaterialThe material or fabric that your product is made out of.GPS PatternThe pattern or graphic print featured on your product.GPS Item Group IDAll items that are color/material/pattern/size variants of the same product must have the same item group id. If you have a 'Parent SKU' that is shared by all variants of a product, you can provide that as the value for 'item group id'.GPS CategoryThe category (in your store) that you would like to have associated with your product.GPS EnabledEnable (Y) or Disable (N) your product from being exported in your Google Shopping Feed.Back to TopExporting Your Products To A Google Shopping Feed File For a full walkthrough, see our article How do I submit my product feed to Google Shopping?
1. In your Bigcommerce Control Panel, select Marketing then select Google Shopping Feed.
2. Select the country that you would like to export your feed for.
3. Click Export my products to a Google feed file.
There are no replies.