How do I edit my site navigation links?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Getting started
Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site to go to the editor.

Steps to take

1. Click the navigation bar.

Note: For most customers, a window will appear reminding you that Changes to this Site Navigation Menu will appear on all your pages. Click Edit to continue.

1. In the Site Navigation Menu Settings to the right, click the Links tab.

1. Choose the way you'd like to edit the menu: 

• Add a link
  • Remove a link
  • Edit the link name
  • Change link destination
  • Change link order

Add a link
  1. Click Add Links . The Link window appears.

1. Browse to select an existing page or file, or enter a URL or e-mail address to which to link. Click OK.

Note: Typing in your page name often
results in errors. It's very easy to make a mistake. Click browse and
select the correct page or file to avoid broken links.

1. Click OK.
  2. In the Display Name field, enter a link name. For more information, go to edit the name of an existing link.

Remove a link
  1. Click the link name that you'd like to remove from the Link List.
  2. Click delete (the minus sign) to remove the link from the link menu.

Note: Removing links does not remove the page or file from your site. To delete a page, go to delete a page from your site.

Edit the name of a link
  1. Place your cursor in the Display Name field below the Link List box.
  2. Enter or edit text to appear as the link in the menu. This link defaults to a name such as Link5.

Change link destination
  1. To change the page connected to a link, highlight the link in the list and click Edit Link.

1. In the link window, click Browse to find the correct page or file. Highlight the page or file and click OK. Click OK again to confirm the link.
  2. Save and publish your site to complete the update.

Change the order of links
Use the Up and Down arrows (appearing above the Link List box) to reorder the menu options.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Cecilia6689

Cecilia6689

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Disabling Navigation Tabs.

If I'm not ready for the public to view a page on my website, is there a way to disable the navigation tab?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Cecilia6689,

There is not a way to actually disable the navigation menu.  You could just delete it, and add it back on, or if it's just one page you don't wan't people to navigate to, you can just delete the one link, and then add it back when you are ready.

Mike
Photo of info4868

info4868

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How to edit site navigation menu?.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Here are instructions on editing the links on the navigation menu.

Drew
Photo of cindy9597

cindy9597

• 168 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
change the site navigation bar.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

cindy9597,   If this page does not help, please provide some details so we know where you are stuck or what you want to change.

Mike
Photo of Theresa2835

Theresa2835

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
please help....I updates pages, changed the name of a couple of them and now they do not appear.

please help....I updates pages, changed the name of a couple of them and now they do not appear when someone accesses our site!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Good morning Theresa2835,

You can follow these steps to update the navigation links to point to the new page names.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of wemeancleantn6807

wemeancleantn6807

how to put my pages in a different order.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can change the link order as per the above instructions. On the links tab, use the arrows to change the order.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of plisarae2876

plisarae2876

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I go through steps 1, 2 and 3 but there is no link button to the right. All I get is Rectangle edit, with Basics. Nothing about links. I cannot update my site.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

plisarae2876,   I see several recent log in sessions, but they are all with incompatible and/or outdated web browsers.  Update your PC with the latest version of Firefox or Chrome and it should work fine.  
Photo of michaeldsmith46165

michaeldsmith46165

Remove from index page.

Hi, I am trying to remove the "Products, Partners, And Jobs from my page. It says I have removed them so why am I still seeing them in preview after I saved my work? as so as I can fix this I'm ready to publish
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

michaeldsmith46165,   See the instructions above. When you click the Links tab, then just click on the link name you want to delete and the click the "-" symbol. 

Mike 
Photo of Dean4287

Dean4287

how do I make a page visible in the navigation bar after I chose to hide it originally.

I created a page and I thought I wanted it hidden in the navigation bar, but I now want it to appear like all the other pages in the navigation bar. I can't get back to the original window where that option appears when you create the page
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Dean4287,

You can find the steps to add a link in this topic.  On the links tab, use the + at the top right of the Link list.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of ryanonthepiano9337

ryanonthepiano9337

How to fix colour in menu.

How to change font color in menu? I have 3 links in blue and one in white. The white seems to have text color blue on the side.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi ryanonthepiano9337,  The white link is just an indicator of which page you are currently viewing, but, you can change the color of the links. Follow the steps on this page, except click the tab labeled "style" to change the font color. 

Mike
Photo of Mike8491

Mike8491

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I link pages to open tabs on home page.

Im not sure how to link pages on the header bar. Can you help?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Mike8491,

This is how to edit the navigation menu.

Drew
Photo of gbsepmt8068

gbsepmt8068

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How to resize nav bar when adding pages to link?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

gbsepmt8068,

Did you figure this out? Your menu looks good. If not, then use the Effects tab. You can edit spacing and the number of links per line (max 10).

Drew
Photo of barbbliss681497

barbbliss681497

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I get the "my store' to show on my menu ?.

My site is published, my store is online, but it does not show on my menu. It is listed in the pages in the site manager. How do I get it to post to my menu for access through the links on the menu?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

barbbliss681497,

You can edit the navigation menu to add the store page. When it asks which page, you will see a My store option.

Drew
Photo of Roberta Mitchell

Roberta Mitchell

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I reorganize my links? The list on the home page is in correct order, but....
Photo of Virgil8319

Virgil8319

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my link goes to old page.

my link takes me to an old page
Photo of Michael2378

Michael2378

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled navigation bar.

adding link to navigation bar
Photo of bryan2729

bryan2729

• 70 Points
I am using google chrome and there is no links button. Any suggestions
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It should be on the right side when you have the navigation elements selected.
Photo of bryan2729

bryan2729

• 70 Points
Found link in the file manager
Photo of Jake2209

Jake2209

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I edit my navigation bar and my page header? It won't give me any options ....

How do I edit my navigation bar and my page header? It won't give me any options when I click on it.
Photo of Steve2194

Steve2194

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Page says it is published but really isn't.

I have one page that is not publishing, when I go to it in Site Builder it is there, I save and publish, it shows up as a preview. But if I go to the site independent of homestead site builder, it won't show up. I have tried relinking art, still no change
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Steve2194,

The page I see not working is the public meetings page. You link to the page public meeting.html, but the page is public-meetings.html. Always use the browse button when linking to avoid typos.
Photo of Katherine7352

Katherine7352

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I change page order.
Photo of Gerald2003

Gerald2003

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I reorder my pages.

I need to pages in a different order
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Gerald

Please see the above article for editing your navigation menu. 
Photo of Donna3225

Donna3225

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Linked page not found.

A page I built in Sitebuilder as an info link for the site (so it was initiated and resides in the File Manager) works in Preview, but once published, cannot be found. No error code given. Thank you for your input!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Donna3225,

Your navigation points to a page that doesn't exist. I would also remove the hyphens from the page name. They can cause issues.
Photo of annette9124

annette9124

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to add a page to navigation menu.
Photo of Angie6551

Angie6551

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Links not working.

3 of my links are not picking up the mouseover and so when I go to click on them, they go to my home page. Please email me at bodyglowtanning@hotmail.com - customers cannot access my pages!!!!!!!
Photo of William S

William S

Hello,

Please review the article above to make sure the links are set up properly. If they are okay and it is still not working, let me know what page is affected and I will look into it.
Photo of Angie6551

Angie6551

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes, I reviewed the above procedures, tried editing the link - I even tried editing the link to a completely different page and nothing.  I am unable to even get a mouseover response. The page names affected are Spray Tans, A Good Choice, and Skin Care. 3 of 7 pages are not responding.
Photo of William S

William S

This is because the logo on your page is covering the links. Try clicking on you navigation menu, the right clicking and selecting element layer order>bring to front.
Photo of Angela9307

Angela9307

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Click on my first tab and it read " Sorry, the page your're looking for can't be ....

I would like a phone call. Click on my first tab and it readd " Sorry, the page your're looking for can't be found." - the other tabs are fine.
Photo of Bryon6904

Bryon6904

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to add to menu bar.

I have added a page called "Blog" but can't remember how I add it to my menu/navigation bar
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,566 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Select the menu>use the Menu edit feature to add

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.