Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
To start, go to Setup & Tools › Advanced tools › Export templates. You will see the pre-made export templates that are available to use.
Creating a template for bulk editing
Although you can create one from scratch, we recommend using a copy of the Bulk Edit template and modifying it for your needs. This will let you bypass the settings and field mapping when you go to re-import it later.
1. Next to Bulk Edit, click Choose an Action and select Create a copy.
2. Under Template Details › Template Name, type a new name for your template. We recommend naming it something specific for its purpose, such as Tax Report or Price Changes.
3. Under Export Options, check the type of data you are creating the template for. Notice that the tabs listed along the top change with your selections.
4. Click on the tab at the top of the screen for the data type. In this example, we will click the Products tab.
5. Go through and check or uncheck each field as needed. Keep in mind that some fields are required for re-import.
Check or uncheck the box at the top of the page to select all or deselect all.
6. When you have made your changes, click Save and Exit. You can now export your products using your new template.
If you wish to export from this page for any reason, you can do so by clicking Choose an Action and then choosing Export [data type].
Creating, deleting, and editing export templates
Creating a new template
1. Click Create an Export Template.
2. Follow steps 2-6 listed above.
Editing an existing template
You can only edit custom templates. If you wish to edit a built-in template, follow the steps above to copy a built-in template.
1. Click on Choose an Action next to the template you wish to edit.
2. You will be brought to the edit page for the template. Once you have made your changes, save and exit.
Deleting a template
You can only delete custom templates.
1. Click on Choose an Action next to the template you wish to delete.
2. You will see a pop-up asking you to confirm that you wish to delete the template. Click Okay. Your template will be deleted.
There are no replies.