How do I create an email address for my domain?

• Article
  • Updated 19 hours ago
  • (Edited)
Here are instructions to create an email address:

Important: Before you can set up any email accounts, you must already have a domain associated with your website account. Domains must be fully registered, pointed, or transferred in order to set up email with that domain.

1. Click Email on the left.

2. Click Manage my email account.

3. If you have more than one domain in your account, confirm the current domain is the one you want. If not, click switch to another domain.

4. Click Add New.

5. In the Email address field, enter a name for your new email account.

6. Important: Just enter a name, don't include the @ sign or anything extra. A lot of people use generic names here like admin, info, or sales, for example.

7. Complete the rest of the form by entering your first name and last name.

8. Create the password for your email account. Passwords are case sensitive

9. Tip: The password you create should follow our password recommendations. Don't make it easy for others to guess your password and access your account. We recommend using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.

10. Click Save.
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,446 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Amy3255

Amy3255

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email.

How do I create email addresses?
Photo of daniel3768

daniel3768

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew, I am trying to create a mailbox to link my Contact Me page of my website: http://hstrial-ddaniel489.homesteadcloud.com/  I followed your steps above but, when I click on save. Nothing happenes??? 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It doesn't appear that you have changed the nameservers to ours. You will need to do this in your domain hosting account. Remove the existing ones and add
ns1.mdnsservice.com
ns2.mdnsservice.com
ns3.mdnsservice.com

Once that propagates, you should be able to create the email
Photo of Cheryle6372

Cheryle6372

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I add an email.

I need to add an email to our account, how do I do that.
Photo of Rina6136

Rina6136

• 60 Points
There is no Email tab on my account. Please assist. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 42,804 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You will need to add email to your package to have this option. Click Account > Account Summary > Get More Addons > Hmail Boxes.
Photo of SSPTA3076

SSPTA3076

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have my emails all set up. Now, how do we each access our emails? Where do we go to read and response to emails we will be receiving? Thanks!!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 1,040 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You can check you emails in two different places. First, if you are already logged into your Homestead account click on the email tab on the left and you should see a check email option requesting your credentials. If you don't see it, click on email again then put in your email and password there. If you are not logged in you can go to homestead.com and select Webmail in the top right.  
Photo of SSPTA3076

SSPTA3076

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Perfect!! Got it - working great. Next question...can a user of one of our emails check their emails from their Phone? Is there an app or is the best way to just forward those emails to their personal email? Thx!