How do I create an anchor link from a navigation menu?

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I know how to create a navigation menu, and I know how to create anchor links. But I cannot figure out how to create a navigation menu which links to a series of anchor links throughout the page. Specifically, the page I want to modify is:

http://www.indyfolkseries.org/Previou...

I used a bunch of buttons to accomplish the task, but this was time consuming and seems kind of unprofessional looking. I would like a navigation menu to accomplish the same thing.
Photo of indyfolkseries3021

indyfolkseries3021

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello indyfolkseries3021,

Unfortunately, the SiteBuilder Plus does not have an option to create an anchor link from the navigation menu. The option is only available if you are creating ordinary text links or buttons.

The best suggestion I can give is to use the Style and Effects feature on the Navigation menu and change the navigation menu to "text" and then in the use a separate text box to create the text with the anchor link. This will help maintain consistency.

We'll send your request to our developers as you are not the first person to ask for this. Thanks!

Mike

indyfolkseries3021

thanks for the response, although I'm disappointed. It sure does seem like there's a lot of things SiteBuilder "Plus" doesn't do:
-can't create tables
-cant link from Page A to an anchor link on Page B
-can't create drop down menus
-can't upload multiple pictures at once

Perhaps SiteBuilder"Lite" would be a bit descriptive to those who are considering using the software?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning, I was browsing through some older topics and found this one. You can link from page A to an anchor link on page B. The option isn't available on the navigation menu, but you can do it from a standard text link. Follow these instructions.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
indyfolkseries3021 ,

I agree!.. Each item you listed are are popular legitimate request. I changed the status of this thread from Question, to Idea so that our development team view this.

thanks!
Mike

indyfolkseries3021

thanks Mike. I appreciate the reply.
Photo of Gayle0887

Gayle0887

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I would like to create an anchor link from nav menu.

Used to be able to create anchor links from the navigation menu links. Where is that option now??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.