How do I create a custom email form?

• Question
  • Updated 12 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Here is information to create a custom form.
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
  • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

• Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.
  • Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,406 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,406 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
    Official Response
    Hi,

Here is information to create a custom form.
    1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
    • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

• Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.
  • (Edited)
    Photo of Penny6722

Penny6722

• 64 Points
    I've created a custom form. How do I add a Challenge Phrase?
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
    Sorry, but at this time, the custom forms don't have the challenge phrase as an option.

Mike
    Photo of A6057

A6057

• 60 Points
    Hello, when will the challenge phrase be added to the customer forms?
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
    Sorry A6057,

There is no ETA at this time.

Drew
    Photo of steveu2077

steveu2077

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
    I've created a custom form to my liking.  However Homestead allows the form to be submitted when fields that I have designated as "required" are not filled out
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That should not be the case. Which page is the form on and which field is the problem?
    Photo of steveu2077

steveu2077

http://www.nayht.com/List-Your-Tournament.html
    I've been able to submit the form by entering no data in any fields
    Photo of steveu2077

steveu2077

I just received a blank submission.  I'm guessing that was you ?
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes, I am not sure why, but the text in the button is counting as entered data. I have reported it to the developers
    Photo of steveu2077

steveu2077

Ok thanks.  I'm not too worried about that now as I believe I have a whopping 50+ views most are from me.  I am also a little concerned that the form doesn't have the "bot check" feature,  I'm talking about the "scrambled letters" thing I'm worried that my email will blow up from a malicious bot attack.  Please keep me posted on this required fields issue.  I was kind of hoping that having that in place would save me from the needing the bot protection feature.
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I will post here when they have responded to me.
    Photo of Cindi Benton

Cindi Benton

• 776 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
    I am trying to do the drop down box - not sure which option would work best for what I need - I need my customers to be able to pick scent choice and size choice and add it to shopping cart - HELP :)
    Photo of almservices5934

almservices5934

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    my order form will not show on my website...do i have to do something more than just create it?
    Photo of Stanley2269

Stanley2269

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
    Thanks sooo much - I wasn't paying attention to the choices in front of me!
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You are welcome Stanley2269
    Photo of Lisa8964

Lisa8964

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    You have to publish the form and then add the url to your menu links, the drop down is best for making choices.  Also, when I make a form I add a number to the title of the object, example: 1- Name, 2 - Address... that way when it comes back in an email to me that information is chronological... :)
    Photo of Charles3832

Charles3832

• 60 Points
    Very useful info, thanks a lot!
    Photo of Mary9481

Mary9481

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
    How do I create a Job application on my website for persons to fill out so I can hire them? Any help would be much appreciated

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
    Job Applicaton.
    Photo of Lisa8964

Lisa8964

you can create a form, it will be a bit longer, but there's plenty of elements that will work.  What I do is add a number to the element, example =  1-Name, 2-Address, etc.  That way when you get the info it will be chronological :)
    Photo of Steven6202

Steven6202

• 128 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    Can i have a page that contains a form for a customer to fill out then email it to me. I then want to edit it and email it back to them

Quote/Order Form.
    Photo of Skylands and Beyond

Skylands and Beyond

• 836 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
    Is there a way to create a form that shows up in a 'preview' page upon submission? I wouldn't need to save the data or even have it sent to my email. Just a tool that would allow customers to input data and then see a preview of that data with some .jpgs.
    Photo of Skylands and Beyond

Skylands and Beyond

• 836 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
    I want to create something similar to this concept on my website as far as having customers input data, click a preview but and then see what it would look like:

http://order.uprintinvitations.com/?p... slant with clipart.jpg
    Photo of Lisa8964

Lisa8964

what about a guest book?
    Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
    Lisa it's really great of you to jump in and offer help. You might want to check the dates the other posts were added though to save yourself some time. I'm guessing that the ones posted 4 years ago have probably figured it out.  :)
    Photo of Mike8862

Mike8862

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
    We would like to add on online application for employment to our website... I need help please!! Do you offer a general application? Also, there are two spot on our page where the name color still will not change. Finally, I would like to speak with someone in regards to our Facebook link. Thanks! Lindsay Ewing

Adding to our website.
    Photo of caro2045

caro2045

• 62 Points
    When people visit our site, we want them to be able to tell us how they feel. How can we add a survey?

We are wanting to add a customer feedback survey on our website. How would we do that? Thanks.
    Photo of djprojectnc0540

djprojectnc0540

• 62 Points
    Hello I have intro to customer form where I find out what the customer is looking for weather its a DJ, Karaoke jock, ext. and I'm trying to convert this form into my website and have the slightest on where to start

Converting my Intro to customer form.
    Photo of Carrie7327

Carrie7327

Adding adoption application to our site.

We run a dog rescue and need to know how to have our applications on our website where someone can fill it out and submit it back to us. Thanks for your help.
    Photo of Teri0820

Teri0820

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
    Need Online forms to email to customer service email?.

I've reposted our site. We're a service company & don't require a really fancy site, sometimes less is more. The only thing I've not been able to accomplish is putting a form on there that accounts can fill out online & email directly to our customer service email.. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks, Teri
    www.bulldogca.com
    Photo of Kelly6247

Kelly6247

how do I build a guestbook?.

How do I collect the e-mails of people who visit my web site and want a free art lesson?
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
    Hi Kelly6247, There is a way to add a guest book. If you click Insert > More, then you will see a guest book icon which you can add to the page. However for what you've described I think building a custom form would be a better option. This way you can request whatever information you need.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
    Photo of Suzanne9735

Suzanne9735

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    Online registration.

Is it possible to create an online registration form on my Intuit website?
    Photo of Tara1359

Tara1359

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
    I am currently working with forms in sitebuilder. However, the elements do not line up properly between builder and the preview screen. It is turning into more work than it should be for a point and click process. Any suggestions?
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
    Good morning,

Can you tell me what page you are working on? I can look at it if you have published the page. Perhaps I can see what you have going on and help you out.

Thanks

Drew
    Photo of Keiji1870

Keiji1870

How can I collect my customers data (birthday, anniversary, etc.) to send out gift card?.

I'm in restaurant business and I would like to collect my customers birthday and their mailing address. So that I can send out gift card redeemable at my restaurant. How does it work with your system?
    Photo of REagent9101413

REagent9101413

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    Setup Questionnaire Form on Website.

I am a real estate broker and want to setup a questionnaire form on our website for buyers to complete. How do I setup this type form - Is the data stored for me to access later? Thanks
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

When you add the "submit" button to the form it will give you an option to have the info email to you, or go into a text file (which you can copy & paste into Excel), or both.

To access the text file, go to the Websites Manager page and click the More link near the center of the page, and then click on Manage Forms.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
    Photo of cahea

cahea

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
    Ok, but how do you paste it into Excel so that all of the information is not in one cell or two/three depending upon the number of lines.
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi cahea,

You might need to copy/paste the results to Wordpad first, then save it as a txt document.  Then you can import the data as a delimited file into Excel.  This is a little more difficult, as you will need to tell Excel the break in data so it can identify what data goes to what cell.

Thanks

Drew
    Photo of Laurie2719

Laurie2719

Schedule an appointment automatic link.

I added the Schedule an Appointment link to my website. I would like to make it so the only appointments offered are actually during office hours and I would love to change the name of it to "request an appointment". Suggestions?
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You may want to create a custom form as shown in this thread. It's a little more work, but then you have full  control over everything.
    Photo of Laurie2719

Laurie2719

Thanks Mike. I created the custom form.
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome. Let us know if you have more questions.

Mike
    Photo of kathryn4293

kathryn4293

Is there a custom form where a customer can fill out a short Q&A? The options I see are all selection-based rather than entry. The Contact Us form doesn't collect phone numbers.
    Photo of rishuan8910

rishuan8910

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    Can I host a job application on my site?.

My site if for a home health agency and we are wanting to set the site up so potential employees can apply on the site. I can't figure out how to do it. Is this possible?
    Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

• 1,594 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
    Contact page.

How can I add contact fields to this page
    It was the contact page that came with your site design.
    I need to add 10 fields

http://www.achairmassage.ca/Contact-U...

If I have to start from scratch where can I add the `Please type this phrase`
    Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

It only answers 3% of my answer

How can I add fields from the pre set contact page.

If I have to start from scratch where can I add the `Please type this phrase`
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You will have to start from scratch with the customer form if you want additional fields. The custom form building tool does not have the option to add the challenge phrase.
    Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

How can I add the `Please type this phrase` the security code
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Unfortunately, the Captcha security code is not available on a custom form. Only on the pre made forms. On those forms it is a check box on the right side.

Drew
    Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

Can you direct me to some code we can enter to recreate the Captcha.
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not sure it can work on the custom form as the elements are all individual. I don't believe that code would be able to do the job. If this is important for you, then I would recommend a 3rd party form builder, like Jotform.com. I am not 100% sure they have it, but I believe they do, but there are other options as well.

Drew
    Photo of kathryn4293

kathryn4293

I feel for the woman who said you only answered 3% of her question. You have answers here, but it doesn't feel very helpful. I have a problem related to this reply. I need to add a place for a customer to enter their phone number on the contact us forms. This shouldn't be this complicated. Shame on Homestead.
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

kathryn4293, I am sorry if you feel this is not helpful. Normally on a custom form you will add a single line text box for people to enter a phone number. If you have the page of your form, we can take a look and maybe offer a more specific solution.
    Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

I`ve spent the last 1 hour creating a Request A Quote however when I click the publish page it comes out black. WHY http://www.torontoonsitemassage.com/R...
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is what I see on the quote page. Is it not correct? It looks the same in Sitebuilder to me.
    Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

Thank you why is the page blank when I click the publish page?
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I don't know. Did you clear your browser? What browser are you using? It looked great in IE10, Chrome and Firefox.

Drew
    Photo of Maria5631

Maria5631

I'm using Chrome
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Is it the editor or the live site you are seeing blank?
    Photo of Andrea6271

Andrea6271

Sports Website.

I need to be able to create interactive submittable forms and create schedules and register players. what do I need to do? Thank you.
    Photo of Brenda4624

Brenda4624

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    My training forms are so jacked up..

I don't know what I am doing wrong. When the form gets sent to me from a client, I have double text. OR the text changes order as written. Or I don't see their answers at all. I am so frustrated. I don't know how to fix it. Is there directions on how to make a form?
    Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

See if this gets you a little further. If you are still stuck then let me know what page you are working on and I will take a look and see if I can offer a suggestion.

Thanks

Drew
    Photo of landingsyc1398

landingsyc1398

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
    Do you have a tutorial on how to build a custom form that creates a report that matches up logically to how the form is created?.

I am getting frustrated creating my form. Is there a simple explanation somewhere as to how to create a form so that the tabs go in order and the Report that comes from it makes logical sense? I feel like I'm playing with a puzzle that has a solution, but I have no idea how to solve it...
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The data in the form elements will show up in the order that they were added to the page. Think of each form element as a piece of paper layered on your desk. If you need to change the order, you will right-click on the element and use the "send forward" or "send backwards" link to re-layer the elements.

As long as you add the elements in the order that they are to be completed, you won't have to re-layer them.

Mike
    Photo of Renato9511

Renato9511

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
    Unfortunately, if you ask for a Text file, the data comes ordered by the type of field.  Therefore, Multi-Line Text is ordered before any One-line text.  Not helpful if you want ti input based on the order of your form.
    Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Renato9511, Do you have a question, or can you further explain what you mean?  You stated "if you ask for a Text file".  What exactly are you referring to?  The custom forms can produce a text file and the order of the data is dependent on the order/layering of the fields as explained above.

Mike