How do I change the copyright footer on my website design?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Here are instructions to customize the footer on your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar and choose Background, Links, Footer from the drop-down menu. Click Edit your Footer.

3. Here you can edit or remove the Copyright Information. Important: Be sure to uncheck the Display copyright information box if you don't want the Homestead copyright information to appear on your page.

4. Then, click Close

5. Then, click Insert in the top toolbar and select text from the drop-down menu.

6. Drag the text box to the bottom of the webpage and enter in your copyright information. Ex. Copyright 2012. Homestead Technologies. All Rights Reserved

7. Copy and Paste that text box onto your other pages. (You will also want to update the footer on each page through the Page Settings option).

8. Save and Publish your website to see the changes live.
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,406 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of brandonblacmon3270

brandonblacmon3270

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Remove advertisement.

I see on below of my website is the advertisement i want to remove that please.

"Website Designed by brandonblacmon brandonblacmon © 2014 at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business"
Photo of Robert0634

Robert0634

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You have only 2 choices: 1) You can remove both yours and Homesteads and have no Footer. 2) You can remove just yours and have a Footer advertising Homestead (What a scam! You pay them!) They tell you to put a text so called footer at the bottom and it is just as good. But for SEO it is not good. If you look in the source code it even says "NO FOOTER"

Enjoy!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, those are the options within Sitebuilder. You can create an HTML footer if you wish.

Keep in mind that building a footer can hurt your SEO as much as help it. It will depend on the content you want.

Drew
Photo of Barry3526

Barry3526

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Website edit ...

Hi , i've added a sub domain website and want to edit the "Website designed by ??? etc etc" at the bottom of each web page.
Where do i do this ?
Photo of apask1234

apask1234

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why is there no contact us button or email anymore to set up a help ticket?.

I was working with one of your tech people to fix a  problem that was on my website when Homestead initially created the page.  I paid for my website to be set up and now this problem can not be fixed do to new ownership????   So everything was set back the way it was except now all my pages are advertising homestead!!!!!!   I do not want to advertise homestead on my pages I never did before the no fix and I want it removed.  Why have you removed the contact us for a help ticket section?  Instead you waste peoples time going to a community blog and searching for answers until they are so frustrated.  What are you afraid of by removing the contact us?  How do I get your advertising off of my pages? I would never recommend homestead since it was taken over.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Laurel2653,

Sorry for the frustration, but you can remove the footer per the instructions above.  This was not as a result of the purchase.  The footer has not changed in many years.  It is there by default, but may be removed.  The community is here for your help.  Most questions people ask are answered here and is available 24 hours a day. 

The ticketing system was removed because it was hardly used by customers and when it was it had a lower satisfaction rate.  The community has so far proven to be far superior.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of James9036

James9036

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
how do I change all page footers at once?.

I would like to change the copyright date on my website which is in my footer. I want to change the footer for all the pages at once.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The steps above in this thread show you how to edit or remove the footer. 
Photo of Danny

Danny

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
All the above don't work.  Homestead has there's along with mine using your tool one or all go away.  What am I doing wrong?  This is approaching two years of how to questions.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
danceli1942,   Can you please tell us which site and page(s), you are having the problem with?  Are you saying that you actually have two footers on the page? If so one is likely just an ordinary text box. Please tell us which site and include a url and/or screenshot so we can see where you are stuck. Thanks!

Mike 
Photo of New London Theatre

New London Theatre

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
New Homestead Footer - how to remove?.

I'm paying for a website.  Why is it that now I have a footer advertising Homestead?  I can accept that from free site providers, but wouldn't expect to pay as much as I am and still have the footer on my home page.  How do I remove it?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

These instructions show you how to remove the footer.

Drew
Photo of cathy5907

cathy5907

How Do I delete Footer.

Dont want Footer on site
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can remove it by following these instructions
Photo of Christopher4034

Christopher4034

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i remove "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Bus....

how do i remove "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business" from the bottom of my pages
Photo of Nicolas Smith

Nicolas Smith

• 60 Points
How do I remove the suddenly appearing Homestead footer from ALL pages on my website AT ONCE? I can't believe this was snuck into my entire site without my permission. Upset and need to resolve this ASAP.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Nicolas Smith,

Have you tried the steps show above?
Photo of Jas7072

Jas7072

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't edit my copyright.

when I double click to edit, it does nothing.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Is the copyright in the footer of your page like shown in the article above?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,414 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What article are you referring to?
Photo of Carlo9627

Carlo9627

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Footer on every page now reads: "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Create a Website....

A new footer appeared at the bottom of every page that reads: "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Create a Website and List Your Business."  How can I get rid of it?  I don't want any ad on my site.
Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,612 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Why they, "Homestead" continues this scam is beyond me? Clearly none of us like it!
Photo of Carlo9627

Carlo9627

They are advertising on our websites and it's unacceptable. If we pay for a website we should have control over its content. They should either remove their ads or compensate us for it.
Photo of Michael5864

Michael5864

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I remove the links at the bottom my my web pages that say "Design a website" ....

Are these links at the bottom of my web pages removable? Having Homestead ads on my website makes it feel unprofessional. They would be expected on a free hosting plan, but this is a site I'm paying for.

Also, when I go to my website, the URL changes-- why is my domain name not showing?

I am happy with my Homestead package for the price, but it needs to look professional.
Photo of Katherine9132

Katherine9132

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to edit who created website.

My name is Katherine Gillis and I want Carol Butler's name as the creator of my website. How do I edit that?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,518 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Use Page Settings.
Photo of Jennifer4769

Jennifer4769

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to remove my personal name from bottom of the page.

Can I remove my name as the footer from the bottom of the page
Photo of Bob4947

Bob4947

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have created my own web-site, but it shows created by Homestead at the bottom o....
Photo of dee dee2576

dee dee2576

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I eliminate the bottom banner with Homestead.com credit at the bottom of e....

How to eliminate homestead.com credit at bottom of published pages?
Photo of johndeese1808

johndeese1808

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead Mis appropriating ads at bottom of my Paid website..

Why is it as a paid host my website must display Homestead advertising at bottom along with create a website? I contacted support to have it removed from the footer of my website and domain and yet I see it is right back. I feel this is a mis appropriation by Homestead and should be removed when we are paying so much money to host our website without this.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,518 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
USE "PAGE SETTINGS"
Photo of johndeese1808

johndeese1808

Did that and more with live Chat and phone support.  Appears this you'll way of getting free advertisement.
Already voiced my opinion on this in community.
Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,610 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
johndees1808 It seems that this topic has been asked and answered over and over again, Please read the help comments.
Photo of johndeese1808

johndeese1808

No need I have been in talks with others directly with Homestead, base on my position on the subject from another unique position.
Thank you.
Photo of Teresa8270

Teresa8270

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do we remove the Homestead advertisement at the bottom of our website pages?.

There is a line at the bottom of our web pages stating that the site was built with Homestead and users can get a website for free. This cheapens our website presence because ours is not free, we pay for it and therefore should not be forced to advertise for Homestead.
Photo of Diane7143

Diane7143

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled There is an ad at the bottom of my page that I did not put on..

It says List your business here for free. How do I get it off?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you unchek the 2 boxes, the footer will be removed.
Photo of Kate9481

Kate9481

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to change our email address in the footer but it seems like it's on lockdo....

Homestead is currently hosting our website called www.elegancedistributors.com. The footer of each page states our contact information and we recently changed our email address. I need to change this over but the system won't let me make these changes in the footer. The footer appears to be on lockdown. How do I change this? Thank you