How do I change my contact information for my domain?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I need to change the admin email on my domain. How do I change my contact information for my domain?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,836 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,836 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Here are instructions to edit your contact information for your domain.

1. Click Domains link in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down until you see your domain name. Under your domain, click Edit contact info.

3. Update the information associated with your domain.

4. Click Save to confirm changes.

Hope that helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.
Photo of Adam4749

Adam4749

• 60 Points
When I go to domain control the only option is "Advanced domain settings". I do I view the "edit contact info"?
Photo of Snail's0510

Snail's0510

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having this same issue, and my website is currently suspended.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Your domain seems to be working fine, but if you need to update it, then you will need to log in at Godaddy where the domain is hosted.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Official Response
It is important to remember that when you update the contact information of your domain that you will receive an email requesting verification of the change.  Failure to verify the change within 15 days will result in the suspension of your domain.  This will cause your website and email to stop functioning.  This is an ICANN requirement as of January of 2014.
Photo of Andrew8383

Andrew8383

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think my domain has been suspended (andrewobrien.net) I have tried to update my domain contact information but each time I click the link to edit my details I get an error "Sorry, you have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later." I have been without email for a week now.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Andrew8383,  There was a small bug which I fixed. You can now click the Edit Contact Info link like shown above. As after you update the email address (and phone or other info), the system will automatically send you a verification email. Just follow the instructions on the email and your site and email will reactivate.  If you need detailed steps click here.
Photo of Andrew8383

Andrew8383

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike, thanks for your quick response.
I followed the instructions and my domain is now active.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ok great.  Thanks for the followup!
Photo of Brenda7091

Brenda7091

• 60 Points
We purchased a business with a website you host in January, 2012. The previous owners moved to Florida; we live in Ohio and do not have access to the personal email they provided.The email to which you may sending confirmation is the previous owners personal email. Now our account has been suspended, although our bill is paid each month. You do, however have the correct billing information as we furnished it to you and attempted to change the other contact information at that time. The way I received notice that our site was down was from a former customer who wanted to rent a tent from us, telling us that she could not access our website. We were out of town, so my ability to work on it was not possible until this morning. Our company is Eastside Occasions. This is our peak season, so we need this corrected at once. Please provide a way I can speak to you without posting my phone number or personal email on this Q&A site. I would like to be able to speak to someone to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thanking you in advance, Brenda Reed
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Per the instructions at the top of this thread.  Log in to your account, and click on the domains tab.  Then click Edit contact info.  Update the email address there.

Thanks

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.