How do I cancel my Homestead account?

• Question
  • Updated 21 hours ago
  • Answered
Is there a way that I can cancel my Homestead account without having to call in or chat with someone?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 39,976 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Heather

Heather

• 482 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i delete a site?.

I no longer need this site. Would like to cancel it.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 56,086 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Use your account summary > cancel all services.
Photo of ju9747

ju9747

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have made a transfer of domain and would like to cancel my account with homeste....
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,238 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Make sure the transfer has completed before closing the account. Otherwise the domain will lock.
Photo of Kerry2812

Kerry2812

• 60 Points
I need to cancel my account as well; however, I need the domain intact so we can transfer... Any help? I don't want to cancel all services - just the web services.
Photo of Drew N

You can host your domain with us and we can switch you to domain hosting only, but if you are transferring the domain to another host, you need to transfer it before the account is closed. Domain hosting only is $14.99/year.
Photo of Robert2670

Robert2670

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am retiring and no longer need the site..

How go I cancel. I’m retiring and have no need for the website anymore.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: The Homesteader - Let us know what you think.
Photo of Drew N

Hi Robert2670, we will be sorry to see you go, but when you are ready, you can follow the instructions at the top of this page.
Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

• 3,296 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Yes, except when you click the link, it just stalls out.  Very convenient for Homestead since they just want your money.
Photo of Gloria2691

Gloria2691

• 3,296 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Have to admit, when I called customer service they answered right away and closed the account....we will see if they try to bill when due in a few days.
Photo of Drew N

We will not bill a closed account.
Photo of govert0801

govert0801

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled endiing accountad.

ending my account
Photo of Donna5860

Donna5860

• 60 Points
Very frustrating have been trying to cancel but the final 'cancel my account' button doesn't work and the 'opt-out' button says server is not functioning... Really this is ridiculous. How do I cancel my account so I am not charged any further?
Photo of Drew N

It is set to close tonight. Let me know in the morning if you do not receive a confirmation email.
I would like to keep my account.
Photo of Drew N

augustjoydesigns9908, your account is pending closure in about 2 weeks. Would you like me to reopen it for you?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 56,086 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Go to your account summary and select "Cancel all Services".
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i need to cancel my services and release my domain name it will let me select the....

i need to cancel my services and release my domain name it will let me select the cancel option.
Photo of Robin1110

Robin1110

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello Drew. I transferred my domain and that has completed but I cannot get my account to cancel online. Can you assist?
Photo of Drew N

Robin1110, It is set to close on 8/2. I will close it now if you like. You set it to close on today, but the charge was issued on 7/4. I will refund it, but you will not be charged again.
Photo of Juan1522

Juan1522

• 72 Points
Hello, I am trying to close my account and cancel all services, but there the link does not work (neither on Chrome, Explorer nor Edge). Thanks for your help.
Photo of Drew N

Juan1522, the link works, but you often receive an error. Your account is set to close.
Photo of Juan1522

Juan1522

• 72 Points
Thanks for the help. Is it possible to close the account immediately? Will there be a confirmation email or something of the sort?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 5,354 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Juan1522
Yes I can set the account to close immediately instead of before next billing date. You will receive an email letting you that has been done.
Photo of Teri5219

Teri5219

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
THis doesn't work.  I have tried for 2 days to cancel this services.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Teri5219
I know the link does look like it doesn't work, but I can see your account is set to close without any further billing. Nothing else needs to be done on your end.
Photo of Teri5219

Teri5219

Thank you.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Teri5219

Happy to help!
Photo of Dennis2698

Dennis2698

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello I am also trying to cancel my account and getting same issue with the link appearing not to work. Can you please confirm that my account has been cancelled and that I will receive a prorated refund for any time not used??? Thank You!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Dennis2698
Your account is a bit different than most, as you pay biennially. What is the reason you are looking to cancel your account?
Photo of Dennis2698

Dennis2698

I have closed my business
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Dennis2698
Of course, that makes perfect sense!

I do see your account is pending closure before next bill date, which doesn't have it close until 2020. I can close it for you immediately and process a prorated refund, but I just want to make sure you no longer need the domain name or any of the files that make up your website (pictures mainly)?
Photo of Dennis2698

Dennis2698

Yes please do that. I have all my files backed up, but thank you for checking. As for the domain, I believe I have that with another company.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Dennis2698
Your account has been closed. Please check your email for info regarding a refund.
Photo of Reese9189

Reese9189

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel button not working.

Hello,
I am trying to cancel my account but when I click on CANCEL, nothing happens. Could you help me please? Thanks!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Reese9189

We are aware of the issue with the button to cancel accounts and are actively working on fixing this.

I can definitely close the account out for you. What is the reason you are looking to close your account?
Photo of Sally1172

Sally1172

The instructions were clear - thanks! But, when i get to "yes, cancel my account' the button doesn't seem to be working. what to do?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hi there Sally1172
I can see you successfully did set your account to close and you will not be billed again.
Photo of Kathy3754

Kathy3754

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
i am following the directions and when i get to the last "cancel account" button, it won't let me click on it!  nothing happens when I click on it...
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello

I can see that your account is set to close and you will not be billed again
Photo of Debra5379

Debra5379

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please cancel my account asap.  The cancel link don't work.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Debra5379
We are aware of the current issue with the cancellation button, and are working on getting that fixed.

In the meantime, I do see you successfully set your account to close before your next bill date and you will not be billed again.

What is the reason you are cancelling your Homestead account?
Photo of Kathy3754

Kathy3754

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
i went through the steps and the last step to "yes, cancel" won't let me click on it!  I just want to cancel and not be charged another month....HELP!!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Kathy3754

I can see you successfully set your account to close and you will not be billed again.
Photo of J Michael2043

J Michael2043

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Like others, I am trying to cancel my account, but you have your button set to not respond.....very poor customer service.   PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!
Photo of J Michael2043

J Michael2043

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My apologies, I am just seeing that you responded to my previous request a few days ago.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

No problem, J Michael2043! Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
Photo of Vera5757

Vera5757

I have been trying to cancel my account all day almost 8 times now... Every time I get to the final cancel button it just doesn't respond too clicks and highlights as if it is text. This is simply criminal. I need this account shut down immediately!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Vera5757

I can see that you successfully set your account to close and you will not be billed again. If you would like, I can close the account effective immediately, but the account is set to close on its own.
Photo of Vera5757

Vera5757

Yes please shut it down immediately.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I have closed your account, you'll receive an email regarding that.
Photo of Loralie3199

Loralie3199

• 60 Points
I have the same problem as Vera5757...it just highlights the cancel button. I meant to cancel before it auto renewed. I loved the service and have been here for over 10 years. I just don't have a need for a website and don't have the time to maintain one anymore. Do I need to call in for a refund, as it was just auto-renewed today?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Loralie3199

I do see that your account was set to close before next bill date, which doesn't have it close until 2019. I can close it for you effective immediately, and since you just made an annual payment, get that refunded. You'll receive an email regarding that.
Photo of David0309

David0309

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel my account.

Your cancel button is not working, bad form my friends, please cancel my account.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello David0309

I apologize for the delayed response, I am not in the office on the weekend. I do see, however, that you did successfully close your account. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help further.
Photo of Stephen0645

Stephen0645

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want my account closed. I need confirmation, don't even know how you will give ....

close my account. Notify me it has been done please
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Stephen0645

I certainly understand. I can close your account, I just want to verify that you no longer need any of the content on your website, and you are aware this will bring your domain names down. Once they expire, they will not renew, so they will be available for someone else to purchase. Is this all acceptable?
Do you have any feedback as to why you are looking to close your account?
Photo of Michael6371

Michael6371

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel All Services.

The button to cancel my services does not work, you click it and nothing happens. This is my third time trying to create a post to a community board, also does not work. I simply cannot even believe how unprofessional this all is. PLEASE CANCEL MY SERVICES IMMEDIATELY!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Michael6371

I can see that your account is set to close and you will not be billed again.
Photo of Tony4557

Tony4557

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel Account.

I want to cancel my account but the cancel button is NOT working. Please Cancel
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Tony4557
I can see you successfully set your account to close and you will not be billed again.
Photo of Alden9039

Alden9039

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled cancel account button not working.

I would like to cancel my account, but the cancel account button is not working. Help!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Alden9039

I can see you called in regarding this. I am glad you were able to get help.