How do I cancel my Homestead account?

• Article
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Here are instructions to cancel your Homestead account.

1. In the upper right corner, Click Account and choose Account Summary.

2. At the bottom of the page, click Cancel All Services.

Hope that helps!
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,916 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Steven5258

Steven5258

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can follow these instructions
Photo of accounts6743

accounts6743

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how can i cancel your service.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
accounts6743,   This topic shows how to cancel the account. If you have any problems or questions just let us know.

Mike
Photo of jellyhost5046

jellyhost5046

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
remove my credit card please.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Here's how you can cancel the account.

Drew
Photo of jellyhost5046

jellyhost5046

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
cancel completely , because homestead took money from my creditcard automatich without my auth , so i don't feel safe  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi jellyhost5046,

By following the steps above it will completely close the account.  You created this account  on 7/20/2013, through our Google partnership.  Once you entered your credit card, you were authorizing us to charge it when the appropriate time came.  For this account that was 1 year.

If you follow the above instructions, there will not be another charge.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of jeffrey0264

jeffrey0264

• 70 Points
I would also like to cancel my "Simple Store" only, with no effect on my websites. My store is backed up. Thank you!
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi jeffrey0264,

The Simplestore is removed.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of jeffrey0264

jeffrey0264

• 70 Points

Drew, That was amazingly fast! I made my request, checked my e-mail, and you had already made the change. I had to log in to see if it was really that fast. Keep up the good work!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Haha!  I am happy to help.  I always do my best, but I do go home eventually(actually now) :)

Thanks

Drew
Photo of vly01087383

vly01087383

I changed my mind. I want to cancel this new account.
What do I need to do to clear this account?

I was looking for a new design and didn't see anything I want to use for a website.

I need to cancel this account and not be charged for it.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hello vly01087383,

You can follow these instructions.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of myfashionlili8020

myfashionlili8020

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi . I  got a domain long time ago which was free and I never used it. and now im being charged  for that. I want to stop everything . I can't login  I don't know  how. my site   liliyafashion.com. can someone help me please
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

myfashionlili8020,   We'll be happy to help you out.  Are you just wanting to close the account down? 

myfashionlili8020

No I want to cancel everything. I had just one domain and never used it. I did go and clicked canclel all services as you wrote before. but I want to make sure that this is only thing I need to do . Can you please make sure that I will not be charged . domain liliyafashion.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can follow the instructions in this topic to close your account.

myfashionlili8020

Hi can somebody help me please?  I did cancel my account all services which i never even used a week ago, but today my debit card was charged. Why ?? if I don't use anything and canceled. 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi myfashionlili8020,   this account was indeed closed, but and there was no billing on it yesterday.  Do you have more than one account with us?  For this, you may want to give us a call and provide the credit card number which was billed to the telephone agent.  
Photo of Sandra4765

Sandra4765

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I cancel auto renew? Thank you!.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Sandra4765,

Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel an account at a future date. When you are ready, you can follow these instructions, or you can call in at anytime.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of George4285

George4285

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is my site not working?.

My website stopped working today. I never got any emails about this. How do I fix it?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Email related change will require some of our customers to make some DNS changes.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

George4285,

If you are no longer using our services, you can follow these instructions.

Drew
Photo of Lancer9946

Lancer9946

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I transferred both of my domain names from Homestead to Wix, but I still can't de....

I transferred both of my domain names from Homestead to Wix, but I still can't delete my old website here on Homestead. Please advise what my nex step should be. Thanks- Lancer
Photo of Rashad8623

Rashad8623

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HOW DO I STOP AUTOMATIC RENEWAL PAYMENTS?.

How can I stop automatic renewal payments from being withdrawn from my checking account? I tried calling customer service to no avail. I have been on the line waiting for an hour or more , waiting for someone to take my call but no one ever answers.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The only way is to stop services all together. This topic shows you how.

Drew
Photo of Lancer9946

Lancer9946

Thank you Drew. I found that in the Homestead site and cancelled my services today.
Photo of dhenderson537978

dhenderson537978

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please, I want to cancel my subscription!.

Please take me off your site. I no longer want to do business with Homestead. As of today,  DO NOT bill my Visa for anymore services. I have requested this before.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi dhenderson537978,

You can cancel your account by following the instructions at the top.

Drew
Photo of Darryl8416

Darryl8416

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel my website please. No one answers the phone on any numbers you have. Red....

Cancel my website please.  No one answers the phone on any numbers you have.  Rediculous after holding so long
Photo of Deborah8367

Deborah8367

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel EIG Homestead ACCOUNT.

Can you canel EIG homestead account? You are charging my card and there is no way to cancel this - I been trying for week. I have contact my credit card company.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Logon to Homestead > select Account (top right corner) > select Account Summary > skroll to the bottom of the page an select "cancel all services".
Photo of Beth4413

Beth4413

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Owner.

I would like to cancel my website
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Logon to Homestead > select Account (top right corner) > select Account Summary > skroll to the bottom of the page an select "cancel all services".
Photo of Jai2208

Jai2208

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I discontinue my website? I am dissolving my business and no longer need m....

How do I discontinue my website? I am dissolving my business and no longer need my website
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Please follow these instructions to cancel. 
Photo of Jai2208

Jai2208

Thank you!
Photo of Beth4413

Beth4413

This reply above is not from me! I can't access your answer but I cancelled website via phone 2 weeks ago!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Beth4413,

Your account is closed.
Photo of Dolanklan46335

Dolanklan46335

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to cancel my website...I can not get anyone to answer the phone... ....

Need to cancel my website please
Photo of William S

William S

Hello,

Please see the article above for how to cancel the account from logging into Homestead. If you are unable to do so, let me know and I can cancel it for you. 
Photo of faisalt2701

faisalt2701

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Account Cancellation.

I want to Cancel my account, what shall I do ? how can I do it?
Photo of Bob2536

Bob2536

• 508 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Auto Renewal.

I'm switching to GoDaddy and don't want my account to auto renew. How do I make sure it doesn't?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Logon and use your account manager (upper right corner of the page) to "cancel all services."
Photo of David4119

David4119

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled suspend payments.

I want to discontinue payments for the web site I have been paying for, but am not ready to delete the site yet.  How can I do this?
Photo of William S

William S

You can cancel your services by calling us or online as shown in the article above. 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

What "article above" are you referring to? "Above where"? Can you include the article in your text instead of giving use directions to somewhere?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The official response at the top of the page is what he is referring to.
Photo of Quin8467

Quin8467

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What is the procedure to change an account from a Website Gold Plus package to domain hosting only? Can this change be made online under the "Cancel All Services" link? - Just curious, not making any decisions yet. Thanks!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Do you want to cancel all services?
Photo of Quin8467

Quin8467

If I decide to change website hosting companies, I would want to cancel all Homestead services except for domain hosting. I'm only using website services and domain hosting now. I've actually already given up on email services and pointed my MX records quite some time ago to Zoho. Homestead email was horrific
Photo of William S

William S

We would have to make the change on our side. It would require a number of changes to the account including removing all files off the site.
Photo of Quin8467

Quin8467

Thanks William. If I decide to proceed at some point in the future, what would be the best way to reach Support staff who could assist with the change? Call? Email?
Photo of William S

William S

Do not have email correspondence, so either posting here in the community or by phone.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

800-710-1998 customer service
Photo of Quin8467

Quin8467

Thanks everyone! Very helpful!
Photo of Roxanne0905

Roxanne0905

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need to end services on next pay date.

I would like to cancel my website on the next payment due date I thank you for the many years of excellent service and am sorry to end my time with you as have been a member for something like 14 years or more but no longer require the service.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We're sorry to see you go, but if you don't need it, you don't need it. Follow these instructions at the top of the page when you are ready. The account will close immediately.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

When you logon, there's an "Account" reference in the upper right corner of the page>select Account Summary>scroll to the bottom of the page and select cancel all services.
Photo of Roxanne0905

Roxanne0905

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancellation.

Notified by email that it is time to renew need to cancel services before renewel date please do so thank you for the many years of great service1

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.