Can a Pinterest widget be added to SiteBuilder?

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Suggestions for social buttons in Sitebuilder

Photo of 1heathernichols3148

1heathernichols3148

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sitebuilder does not include a Pinterest button yet, but you can generate what you want in your Pinterest account. They should provide you with code that you can copy and paste into an HTML box in Sitebuilder Plus.
Photo of Jonathan8076

Jonathan8076

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
They do supply the HTML and the java and it still doesn't display
Photo of Jonathan8076

Jonathan8076

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
76ty
Photo of Jeffrey9252

Jeffrey9252

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Im having the same issues, it says to add the script in the body tag all the way to the bottom. Homestead tells you to add it to an HTML Box and place it at the bottom of your site...THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!!!! Has anyone figured how to do it? I see that every Homestead site will not show the pin it logo when you use your pin it button on your favorites bar.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Here are instructions directly from Pinterest. http://business.pinterest.com/widget-...

You'll need to build the code for the widget you want, then insert the html in the body and the java script in the head.

To add code to the Head tag, you go to Page Settings and Advanced. The head tag is available there.

If you want to place code in the body, you go to Insert > More > HTML and you can paste the code there, and position the html box where you want the widget located.

Mike
I'm confused with this as well. However, I was looking more at adding a "Pinit" button to the side of each product. Where do I add the javascript/link in this case?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The java script would generally go in the head section.Go to page settings and Advanced. The head tag is available there.

If you want to place code in the body, you go to Insert > More > HTML and you can paste the code there.
I'm still having issues. The steps must be different for the Storefront because I can not find "page settings." Could you show me a screen shot?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes... this thread is for Homestead SiteBuilder sites. If you are wanting to add it to the Storefront it's a completely different, and unfortunately more complex process as you have to be pretty well versed with editing html code. If you have a Storefront, you'll open the store administration screen. On the left menu click Store Design > Page Template Manger and you'll see a whole list of the templates that make up the site. If you click a template, you'll then see a tab for "source editor" which takes you to the source code. If you are comfortable doing this you do have access however we do not support custom coding in the Storefront. If you decide to go into these templates and attempt any changes we strongly encourage you to set a save point so you can revert back in case you corrupt the code. You may wish to call and speak with a live agent or a design consultant about a custom design if you wish to have something like this done. They can discuss your needs and quote you a price.
Thanks for the answer. Now a second question. I pasted the java script for the Pinterest Hover button under "custom markup (source)" (the steps were: Page Builder > Product Detail > Add Panel > Create unique panel using HMTL > Source). When I view my live store, only some of my products show the Pinit Hover button. Do you know why this is?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry we don't have the ability to troubleshoot 3rd party code. You are welcome to search, or post to the following thread and solicit assistance from other community members if you wish. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Jeffrey9252

Jeffrey9252

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have done this many times.... I know how to add HTML but, I am looking to do the hover button and the HTML snippet does not work.

here is the website for pinterest widget builder http://business.pinterest.com/widget-...
When you are choosing button types, they give 3 options
1) one image
2) any image
3) Hover image
when you choose the hover image it says
No HTML is required for hover buttons; all you have to do is load the JavaScript listed below. Once you have this installed, images should show a Pin It button when hovered over. (If you're already running pinit.js, just add the data-pin-hover="true" attribute to the existing SCRIPT tag.)

if I add this script that they give me to an HTML box and put it at the bottom of my page, it does not work.

I can see in the source code that the code is there,.... but it will not work. It says to add the script just before the closing tag and when I add the code to the Html editor and place it all the way to the bottom of my page it will not add the code by the closing tag.

Now the clincher........

If I copy and paste the entire source code for the page and add it to an HTML box on a blank page then publish, THE HOVER BUTTONS WORK........

I do not like the way my site looks with all the little pin it buttons all over my photos which I know how to do
http://www.foreverinbloomflowers.com/

Thanks
Amy
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Problem with Pinterest Hover buttons?
Photo of Peggy7694

Peggy7694

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
with Pinterest being so popular, why doesn't sitebuilder plus give us the widget??? Will it be provided soon? Homestead is quickly becoming out dated
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great idea, so I've changed the main topic from a question to an "Idea". please click the +1 button above to indicate interest so our developers can see who much demand there is for this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.