How come my changes aren't publishing?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

After I make changes in Sitebuilder they don't seem to be publishing. What is wrong?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site Builder not updating my new email address in "Contact us".

I updated my site builder with new email address under "Contact Us" then saved and published my site.  But i'm still getting emails to old address.  
I did just switch my MX record to google but that shouldn't effect anything.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,076 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You may need to change your email address associated with the contact button. Select the "Contact Us" button > Use "Contact Us Settings" menu > Scroll down to "Email" > record the email address in the box.
Photo of schoenbauers9066

schoenbauers9066

• 60 Points

cannot find any of this

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What issue are you having? Please specify the page and changes you made so we can take a look.
Photo of arlette5407

arlette5407

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I got   canada-dream.org/index.html  now with Pictures (have to make some changes again.. do not look good enough :)  and it works (you are good my dear) ad I also got  Canada-dream.org/saint-michel-des-saints.html ... many thks dear Drew.. now I can say  homestead taks care of their customers..Merci mille fois from a Franco-canadian girl  Arlette... for the other pages, I will take a look later fter I mad my other corrections.. have a nice day  Arlette
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Happy to help. Let us know if you need anything else.
Photo of LULU0923

LULU0923

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled completed my changes , home to save to web page, changes are not showing up?.

changes are not showing up on the internet
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

LULU0923, If this doesn't fix it, then please tell use what page and what changes you made, then we can take a look.
Photo of arlette5407

arlette5407

page: www.canada-dream.org/about.html  added photos and new text but took only half of it.. and after I pushed "publish" I got an older about page.. not the last one.

actually I would love to change "about.html" into "Lac-Taureau.html" but did not remembered how I did itsuch changes  in the past..

Do I have enough GB or do I have to upgrade to 20.99/month which would give me "maybe" enough , or?

thks für reply - merci  Arlette 

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
To update your site view: Have you tried a "refresh" (Shft/Ctrl/Delete)?
Using this procedure intermittently provides solutions to cache and cookie related interference. 
F5 = Refresh: A browser works by downloading a page to your computer. Browsers will then show the page from your computer as opposed to downloading it every time you visit a page. This speeds up the process and lessens the traffic on the Internet. Depending on the browser, it will periodically check the website for a new version of the page and download if it has changed. If you don't see a change that you expect, then press F5. That tells the browser to go to the site and download the page now.

To change a page name select "Save" > Save As > and rename your page.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

arlette5407, you are at your space limit. We can add disk space for $2/month. This will give you enough space to publish anything more. thelieleman's refresh idea may work for you this time and anything more will likely fail. This option will still be a little less money than upgrading to the Gold package.
Photo of arlette5407

arlette5407

wish to upgrade.. can't find where and how??!! .. need more GBytes - how can I upgrade??? let me know how to upgrade.. merci
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I have add the disk space for you. You should be able to publish now.
Photo of arlette5407

arlette5407

Thanks dear, I'll try it right away

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Let us know if you need anything else.
Photo of customer4060

customer4060

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled partial publishing.

Am trying to update my website. After publishing, I find that only half of the changes are published. I cant get the other changes to be published . Any suggestions?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Read the official respons above. If that doesn't solve the issue, then please specify a page that has not fully published and the changes made and we'll take a look.
Photo of Tracy9717

Tracy9717

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Won't publish!.

I've just updated my web pages and they won't publish. What's going on? Please tell me I won't lose all my work! I tried to upload the entire site, then tried one page at a time. It said it published, but when I check, it's all the old info. HELP!  PS  never mind. I logged out and back in and republished and it all worked. Thanks anyway! :)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Tracy9717,

If none of the ideas at the top fix it, then please specify a page and what changes were made and we will take a look.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.