How can I setup SocialShop 2 to sell on Facebook?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Important: Before you start to use Social Shop 2, you must have already created a business page under your personal account on Facebook.

Installing Social Shop
1. Click on this Bigcommerce Socialshop Application link.

2. Click Add Socialshop to My Page.

Add Socialshop to My Page button

3. Click on Choose Facebook Pages and select your store from the drop-down. Click Add Page Tab when finished..

Your store in the Choose Facebook Pages drop down

4. Enter your store URL in the provided area. Click Save Settings.

Store URL is entered

5. You will see a pop-up informing you that the settings have been saved. Click the word "here" to see your SocialShop page.

Message informing you that the settings have been changed

NOTE: If you have not installed your own SSL you will notice the URL will change to a 'store-' URL.

To change your URL later, open your store's page and click on the Social Shop icon. You will be invited to change the settings. To uninstall SocialShop, check out this article.

SocialShop Banner
You are provided with a default promotional banner on your SocialShop page. You can upload your own from the Bigcommerce Control Panel.

1. Click on MarketingSell on Facebook.

2. Next, to Upload New Facebook Banner, select a file from your computer. Save to initiate the upload.

Upload new banner button

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

My Shop is not showing up on Facebook. When I log into my personal timeline and search for Farm House Furnishings, I see my company page, but when I click on the Shop link, it doesn't work. In Google Chrome it shows a blank page. In Internet Explorer, it shows everything, but not in the correct mode, and it has a loading symbol above everything on the page. Any thoughts?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This will be hard to diagnose without seeing the Facebook page and being able to log into your account. Did you successfully complete all the steps above without any problems?

You may need to include screenshots of where you are stuck at or call us direct.

mike
Yes, all the steps were completed, no problems there. I just saw on a BigCommerce page with these instructions that the shop may not be visible with updated browsers and security settings. So hopefully that issue will be fixed soon.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Yes. That is possible. It seems like the major browsers, ie Firefox, IE, Chrome & Safari now release several updates per year and it's quite a challenge for all webmasters and software designers to stay compatible.

Mike
I was able to view the store as it should look. Now I am having an issue with not being able to complete the checkout process. I get the same error message when I chose any of the three options (guest, register, or returning). Any thoughts on this? It doesn't seem like a security setting to be, but maybe it is. Or is it a Facebook issue? I attached a screen view.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you successfully checkout on the main site? If the main site works ok, but the Facebook checkout does not, then I'll probably need to escalate this to the techs at Bigcommerce.

Mike
Yes, the checkout on the main site works. I did get the same error message as above, but I checked my setting to make sure that guest checkout is allowed, and saved the settings again. That seemed to have taken care of the issue on the main site, but still no luck with checking out on Facebook.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

OK great. Can you please share your Facebook URL?
I'll take a look at it and try to reproduce the error so I have more information.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Can you tell me exactly what step your do that produces that error? It seems to work on on this end. Also, are you checking out as a Guest, or returning customer?
I click on the Shop icon (then click "show all content" on the bottom of my IE browser), chose a random product to add to cart, then click checkout. I get the error message for guest, returning, and register a new account. So maybe it is an issue with security settings still??
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

OK.. I was able to reproduce the error, and have escalated this to our partners at Bigcommerce. I'll be in touch as as soon has I have more information.
Great. Thank you!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

farmhousefurnishings4554, Thanks for your patience. I just received confirmation from Bigcommerce that the issue you are having is actually server related and is not something you or I can fix. They have already escalated this problem at their company and are hoping to have it resolved before too long. Unfortunately they could not give an ETA at this time.

Mike
Thanks for the update.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

You're welcome
Hi Mike,

I know you said you would let me know if you have any new information, but I just can't help to ask anyway. It sure would be nice to have the Facebook Store up and running this holiday season!

Andrea
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just sent a request to see if they have an ETA yet. I'll try to find out.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

They still do not have an ETA. Sorry, I understand that would be a nice feature to have right now.

Mike
Too bad! Thanks for checking.
Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

• 1,452 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm trying to set up SocialShop2 on my Facebook page but when I get to the place where I enter my store's URL, I get the following message:

"You need to be running a store version of at least 7.2.0 to enable SocialShop 2.
To use SocialShop 1 click here."

The problem is, when I try to click on "click here" nothing happens, the link does not work. What do I need to do?

Marcy
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,782 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am checking on this. You should be able to use it. We have set it up before.

Drew
Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

Thank you. On another note, since I was trying to set up SocialShop I cannot get into my admin panel in BigCommerce now,. It says "That URL doesn't seem to point to a Bigcommerce store". The url is supposed to be http://springcreekrusticoutfitters.my...
Photo of Drew N

This is a better link. http://store-usleg.mybigcommerce.com/...

Drew
Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

It says my login credentials are incorrect...
Photo of Drew N

You should be using admin as the user name and whatever password you created. If you don't remember it hit the forgot password.

Drew
Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

Tried that and it's still not working...
Photo of Drew N

The forgot password doesn't work?
Photo of Drew N

Look in the junk folder. You should be checking customerservice@springcreekrusticoutf...
Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

Yes, it works. But when I go back to the login page and type in my credentials it still says they are incorrect. I'm using "admin" as my username and the new password.
Photo of Drew N

And this is the screen where you are hitting forgot password and trying to log in to the store?

Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

Yes
Photo of Drew N

I sent you an email
Photo of Drew N

Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

Hi Drew, looks like my FB store has been set up. Thanks guys for getting that fixed! One question though, I can't seem to find the file (I've looked everywhere) that contains the image for the fb banner which should be located here:

Welcome to Spring Creek Rustic Outfitters

I want to add my own fb banner, can this be done?
Photo of Marcy0335

Marcy0335

Lol nevermind. Guess I should read the instructions above...
Photo of Nancy8619

Nancy8619

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I link my storefront to existing FB page..

I see how to create a new FB business page but I don't see how to place the storefront on an existing FB page. Might I get some help with this? Thanks, Lisa

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.