How can I link my website to another website?

• Article
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Here are instructions to add a link to another website

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Go to the page you want to add the link to another website. Then, double-click on the element that you'd like to link to another website. You can link text or images the same way. For this example, we'll show you how to link text to another website.

3. With the text box selected, highlight the text that you want to be a link. Here's an example of selecting text:

4. On the right, in Text Settings
  5. clickLink. You may have to scroll down to see the Link button.

6. In the Link window:
    • What do you want to link to? Select URL (Web Address):. Enter the web address or specific page to link to in the URL field. We recommend copying the address for the website or page directly from the address bar in your browser.

• How do you want the link to open? Select In another browser window.

Note: If you select in the current browser window, your visitors will leave your page.

7. Click OK. Then, Save and Publish your website to test the link on your live website.

Hope that helps!
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,636 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of JOVONGSD8494

JOVONGSD8494

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I activate links to my pages?.

activating links to pages
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,292 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes. You can link a word, text or image to another page, another area on the same page or you can link to another website using Links on your text settings or image setting menu.
Photo of Trina3970

Trina3970

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i did what the instructions said to do. However, it blanks out the letters so I can't see what i am clicking on ... but, the letters are there when I highlight them.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What page are you working on and what did you link? We will take a look.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,292 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You may want to change the text color or the background color.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.