Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
Creating a Hidden Category
1. Login to your Bigcommerce Control Panel.
2. Click on Products and then Product Categories.
3. Click on the Create a Category button.
4. Name the category and fill in any additional information you wish.
5. Click Save & Exit and you will be brought back to the Categories page.
6. To hide the category, click the green checkmark under the Visible in Menu? column for your newly created category.
7. A pop-up will display asking you to confirm your choice; click OK. You will then be taken back to the category list, where the green checkmark has now changed to a red x.
Creating a Product in the Hidden Category
1. Click on Products and then Add a Product.
2. Give your product a Name and a Price then put it in the hidden category (don't put it in any other categories).
3. Finish creating your product and click Save & Exit.
If you already have a product that you want to put into this category, you can simply edit it and place it only in the hidden category.
4. To check that the product is still visible, you can click the and select "View" to be taken to the hidden product page.
Again, this product is still searchable in your store and can be found in the New Products panels. To help hide the product as much as possible, renaming it, changing the product description, taking out the search keywords, and disassociating it from brands are all good ideas.
There are no replies.