How can I create an anchor link to another part on my page?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm trying to create a link from a list I created to a specific part of my page, but I'm not having any luck. How do I create an anchor link?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,636 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,636 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
1. Login to your website account
2. Click on the "Websites Manager" link in the left navigation menu
3. Click on the blue "Edit Site" button to open up the editing software

4. Add text to your website that you want people to click on to navigate to another section of your webpage.

5. Highlight that text and click on the link button to the far right in the Text Settings editor.

6. A small window will open up asking you what you would like this text to link to. Choose the 4th option "Another Area on this page ("anchor link") and select "create new anchor link" from the dropdown. Click OK

7. This will create an anchor link icon (looks like a boat anchor) and is usually populated near the top left of your screen.

8. Drag the anchor icon down to the section you want the link to navigate people to

9. Save and Publish your website to see the changes take effect.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.