How can I add an interactive Calendar to my website?

• Idea
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Under Consideration
I'd like to be able to add a calendar where people can schedule appointments. How can I add an interactive Calendar to my website?
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 41,036 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 41,036 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We don't currently offer an interactive calendar element. However, many people like to use Google Calendar for it's ability to allow customers to schedule appointments. Go to Google Calendars to sign up for the free service. For more information on how to add this 3rd party calendar to your website, visit Guide to embed Google calendar on website.
(Edited)
Photo of Paula9110

Paula9110

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
how do I add a calendar page to my website so that I could put up a schedule of our gigs?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Adding a calendar page.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Paula9110,

Welcome to the community!

The other option would be to add an image of a calendar to your site and then add text boxes over it to add your gigs to the calendar.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Cheryl4213

Cheryl4213

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
can i l,ink my google calender to my website?.

i want to link my google calender to my website
Photo of nfsmith617637

nfsmith617637

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How do I create a calender of events on my website?.
Photo of renewedyoga4895

renewedyoga4895

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
More added options.

would love to have a calendar to add to my site
Photo of Gordee

Gordee

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Copying from another web site.

I want to copy my availability calendar (Holiday cottage) from the advertising web site to my own Homestead web site holidayinfrance.name Does my web site support something called iCal, such as Google Calendar or Apple iCal. I use PC chrome.

Also, having changed to the new plus software I have gained a page which I do not want with a 404 error!
Photo of Robbin8321

Robbin8321

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
A workable calendar, please! :).

I really need to have a calendar that I can highlight the dates on. Every year I have to deal with this problem. Is there any way we could get a manageable calendar for the website?
Photo of Gordee

Gordee

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Every one seems to need some sort of calender but we get no answers. It's about time that Homestead got there finger out and dealt with this problem instead of having this useless forum.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Gordon. Sorry we don't have our own interactive calendar. I've done a lot of research on this and used several 3rd party calendars and by far the one I (and most others) prefer is the Google calendar. It's free and has a lot of functionality and can easily be embedded into any website by a simply copying and pasting a snippet of code.

Of course every person has their own preferences and needs vary. If you want to explain what functionality you need, I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.
Photo of hollypark6446

hollypark6446

• 60 Points
I would choose this business upgrade if I could get a booking calendar that my customers could log on choose what rental units & we have 25 different types of rentals. Other websites offer this and I was going to cancel my subscription to my other web design service which doesn't offer this add-on. If Homestead could apply an online booking calendar to my website that is available to our business for the owners to update with detailed information that could be saved for a customer list while customers can access calendar anytime but showing only that the unit is booked without revealing details of customer info I would not hesitate to upgrade. Please advise.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

A booking calendar as you describe, is far more complex than just an ordinary web page. That type of system requires a back-end content management system, which we don't offer. However, there are numerous 3rd party companies that provide this type of feature and then provide you a snippet of html code that you can paste into just about any website and integrate the two systems together. If you search Google, you'll probably find dozens of choices.

There wouldn't be a need to upgrade anything on this end.

Mike
can you have the Basic package & still add the calendar I added Paypal because I already had my own account & it told me I didn't have enough memory?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

sunshinebrewerinc8792,

Yes, if you are pasting in embed code for a calendar or any other 3rd party application, it does not matter which hosting plan you are on.

Mike
I want to add a page with a calendar of events.

I am creating a web site for a non profit that needs to have a calendar of events listed. I don't see a place to add a calendar.
Photo of Frank 9769

Frank 9769

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Add a calendar for events.

What options do we have to add some kind of a calendar (for events) to a page so a visitor can click on a highlighted date (or block of days) and be linked to another page for a description of that event?
Photo of Peggy4Jesus

Peggy4Jesus

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
http://www.localendar.com/     is good free one you can also pay for better compare here http://www.localendar.com/calendar/online-calendar/web-calendar
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,852 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing
Photo of Peggy4Jesus

Peggy4Jesus

no problem trying make my own calender from codes not looking as cool as those yet but having fun trying
Photo of Peggy4Jesus

Peggy4Jesus

got one month added after hours looks ok  but I have edit the html code add things only one month in iframe a page uploaded in html form http://www.christiangentilemag.net/Calender.html have not linked calender yet but start on my own
Photo of Drew N

Looks good so far.  Let us know how it goes.

Drew
Photo of Peggy4Jesus

Peggy4Jesus

only got two months up but still need figure a lot out make more invective where show today's date different color where could do a year instead two months at time but it's a start
Photo of Drew N

Great!  I will be interested to see how you do.
how do I add a calendar to my website?.

Hello. I would like to add a calendar to my website so I can update members on upcoming events for the month. Can someone tell me how to do that?
Photo of Drew N

There are several 3rd party calendars that can be embedded.  I have added you to this topic as it will place a vote for this feature to be added.

Photo of cgarrison334121320

cgarrison334121320

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Interactive Calendar - Is Homestead considering offering a calendar option so clients can build their own calendars and scheduling to post?.

Interactive Calendar - Is Homestead considering offering a calendar option so clients can build their own calendars and scheduling to post?
Photo of Susan1706

Susan1706

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I insert a calendar to my website.

Adding a calendar
Photo of Drew N

There are 3rd party calendars you can use, like Google calendar, but currently, we don't have it built into Sitebuilder. 

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Shawn4462

Shawn4462

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does Homestead have a calendar I can download?.

I need a calendar that I can post our monthly group fitness classes on.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Homestead does not have one, but, you'll find that the Google calendar is one of the best ones out there and pretty easy to set up. 

Mike 
Photo of Jacqueline9125

Jacqueline9125

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I create calendar.
Photo of Val4515

Val4515

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Disappointing that this thread was created 3 years ago, and Homestead has not listened to it's customers. It is obvious that your users want an interactive calendar, NOT a third party calendar like Google.

I tried Google, and it looked really bad. I didn't like the feel it gave my website. It may be time to look for a new company. I haven't seen many upgrades that make me want to stay.

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,858 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do apologize that there has not been a calender element implemented into our sitebuilder. While our sitebuilder does a number of excellent features, using a third party such as Google for a calendar widget can add features that our sitebuilder does not have. There are other companies online that can provide you with a better interactive calendar if you do not like Google's. Calendars are not common to be built in, even other website builders do not have them such as Wix.com.  
Photo of trentpraytor6278

trentpraytor6278

• 70 Points
so can you walk us through how to use Google Calendar as a link to the site? When you write something about "snipet" code I have not idea what that means.