How to stop spam from your Contact Me page?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

How to stop spam from your Contact Me page? I've been getting some spam comments in the contact page that is emailed to me. Can we put a button that they push to say 'I am not a robot' or letters they have to type in?
Photo of Lanita9379

Lanita9379

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 42,880 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately the CAPTCHA option wasn't included in either SiteBuilder Plus or the new Websitebuilder programs. Gross oversight on the development as that is a rather important option to have.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,974 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you are using a custom form then there is no challenge phrase, but if you are using the pre made button or form, there is a CAPTCHA option in Sitebuilder Plus
Photo of Saxon8233

Saxon8233

• 70 Points
what is a CAPTCHA?
Photo of Saxon8233

Saxon8233

• 70 Points
Is the CAPTCHA the word phrase on the bottom of my submit page?  If so it does not work, I put the phrase in like stated and it still says that I have entered the wrong phrase.  If that irritates me I'm sure that irritates potential customers.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,244 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There has been an intermittent glitch, depending on browser used, with the word phrase in that its shows either in plain or bold text. Bold text I believe is meant to mean Upper Case. Give your a try and then put the instructions on the page for your customers to follow.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.