How to renew a domain

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • Answered
Help please. I keep getting a renewal email that my domain is going to expire but I don't know how to renew. Can anyone help?
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Anxious

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Natalie:

If your domain name is registered with Homestead it should be renewed automatically.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 13,938 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Natalie,

Thank you Les, that is correct, any domains registered through Homestead are set to auto renew with active accounts. The two domains I see on you account are learnfrenchwithnatalie.com and frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Then why isn't frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com not working?
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Google Search Console cannot find it and when I put in the URL is says server isn't responding?  Something has happened and I don't know how to fix it.

learnfrenchwithnatalie.com is working but I want to point it towards the other one.  
(Edited)
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

I got this message a few days ago

Dear Customer,

Your domain name(s) will expire in 5 days. Act now to avoid any disruption to email or website services and avoid losing your chosen name(s).

The domain name(s) due for renewal are:

Domain Name Expiry Date Days Until Expiry learnfrenchinbrisbane.com2019-11-16 3 

I don't know what to do with this?
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

It doesn't tell me how to renew
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

I can't seem to index my website through Google Console. I get this error message.
During live testing, indexing issues were detected with the URL. Can you explain please?
Photo of R.

R.

• 2,546 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Natalie,

I'm not a Homestead employee, but I just checked your website:

http://www.frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com/

It's working and it looks great.

Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Thanks yes it looks like its back up and running but I URL test on Google Search Console and it still says it has indexing issues.  I had don't this before and it will all fine. No point having a website if it can't be searched/crawled
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

I also see that the website is up and running. If you need some help indexing your website with search engines, here is some information that may be helpful. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/google-search-console
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Hi Michelle,  Why am I still getting this message?

Dear Customer,

Please note that your domain name(s) below have expired, and email or website services are no longer available.

The domain name(s) that have expired are:

Domain Name     Expiry Date     Days Until Expiry 

learnfrenchinbrisbane.com       2019-11-16      -4 

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

That was a domain you previously had but you deleted it from your account in September. This domain is not active on your account and is not set to auto renew. You are getting the informational emails because you were the owner of it and it is informing you its expiring. If you want to keep it we can restore it to the account or if you do not want it just let it expire. 
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Thanks I can't work out if we still need it. I have attached our domain name and it says the site is learnfrenchinbrisbane but the domain is frenchlessonsinbrisbane.

Can I assume that we only need frenchlessonsinbrisbane? and not learnfrenchinbrisbane?  Could you please just reactivate anyway and I will try to point the domain to frenchlessons in Brisbane?

Could you please tell me how to point a website to another website?

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Correct, the site name that the domain is attached to is learnfrenchinbrisbane but this name can be changed at anytime. If you do want to use the domain learnfrenchinbrisbane.com to pull up the same site as frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com I can restore the domain to the account to be available for use. 

Would you like me to restore learnfrenchinbrisbane.com and point it to the same website?
(Edited)
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Yes please that would be great!!!  Could we also point learnfrenchwithnatalie to the same site?

Thank you for all your help.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome it has been restored and pointed to the correct site. 
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Hi Michelle, I have just checked and learnfrenchinbrisbane.com is pointing to the wrong (old) site.  Could you please point it to www.frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com

Thanks again.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

When I  type in the domain learnfrenchwithnatalie.com it redirects to the site frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com. Are you not seeing it redirect? 
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

Yes that one is directed correctly.  I also want learnfrenchinbrisbane.com to be redirected to frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com

It currently points to the older website.
Photo of natalie1134

natalie1134

I also keep getting a crawling issue with google console.  I had it all working fine and then now Google cannot index my website? This seems to have happened very recently when I had all this admin issues.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I have redirected learnfrenchinbrisbane.com to frenchlessonsinbrisbane.com.