How to put new homepage

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I build new homepage. How to replace old page to new homepage?
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 53,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Remove the page name from the current page and name the new page > Use Page Settings: Page Name: index.html.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 252,274 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The home page must be called index. Do you want to save or overwrite the old index page?
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

Thank you for your response. I can't  change name to old page. I tried to change name to new as Index.html, but it still showing my old page as a first page.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 53,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Remove the name for you old page. Save and Publish. Select F5 to refresh your browser. Log onto you website to review the results.
What is your url?
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

Still the same. My url www.5stardoggyinn.com. Thank you
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Delete your old home page by selecting the "x" next to it. Open your new home page and use "Page Settings" to name your new home page: index.html > Save > Publish.
(You have some peculiar html on the page in the upper left corner.) This will go away when you delete the page.
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

system doesn't allowed me to delete old page, no "x" mark to home page. I tried to delete from Sitebuilder too, then I do not have option to rename new homepage. I know about html in the corner, I fixed that on new page. Can I call on Monday  and somebody can help me with that problem.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

That's impossible. You can delete any page from the page list by selecting "x" next to the page name.
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

every page does, except home(index) page
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I hope you've been using "Page Settings" and not "Menu Settings" to rename your Home Page to index.html. Are we on the same page? 
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

Yes, I been using "Page Settings"
Photo of Drew N

• 252,144 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I see the index page was published on 2/10 and a page called home, published on 2/11. Which page do you want as the first page of the site? Do you need to save the other page?
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

I rebuilt all pages, to new ones and i do need to save them. Home page, I made new one. Old page has name Home(index), new one just Home. I am unable to change name or delete old page.
Photo of Drew N

• 252,144 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you get an error? If you need to save the current index, then open it in the editor. Use the save as and give it a new name that is not in use already. Then go to the home page in the editor and select save as and select index from the file list. This should do what you need. If you get any errors, what are they.
Photo of Olga5061

Olga5061

Call techsupport today, they had to fix it. Now it's fine.
Thank you for your help
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

How did they fix it?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.