How to make pictures rotate.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I would like to have a place on our pages that I can add pictures the rotate automatically. Is that possible.
Photo of Jamie2040

Jamie2040

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do. Auto rotate is mostly a function of the device being used, but I did a quick check and it appears that some software can add a flag for auto rotate on the image. I have not tried this so am not sure if it would work if added as an image element, but if you add the image via HTML, then it should.

Do you have an example site with the effect you desire?
Photo of smcgoldrick

smcgoldrick

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
when I upload my pictures, they are turned sideways.  How can I rotate them to properly view?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you added it as an image, then you should be able to click on the image and use the rotate option on the right side. If you are using a gallery, you will need to rotate them in photo editing software before uploading. I usually use Paint and simply save the image with a new name.
Photo of Erin8617

Erin8617

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

That doesn't work. The image box rotates, but the stays horizontal. This problem has been ongoing forever. In spite of photo encoding, can you not do a bug fix. Every other site seems to.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you specify the page so we can take a look? Please make sure the image is there so we can investigate.
Photo of Deb9685

Deb9685

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
No, it does not work to click on the image and rotate. only the frame rotates, the image stays horizontal. Very frustrating. PLEASE get this fixed.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You may have the frame sitting on top of the image. Try moving the frame to the side and then click the image to rotate.

If that doesn't work, then you may need to open the image in a program like Microsoft Paint and save it as a new image. Then upload it again. If you like we can take a look. Just let us know which page and image
Photo of Deb9685

Deb9685

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have also rotated the image the opposite direction in my photo gallery prior to uploading and it still gets rotated 90* horizontally to the right once uploaded to the website

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.