how to download web files

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: archiving for 7 days of inactivity

want to download images i have on my site to correct flaws and reload them. I do not know where they are stored in websitebuilder.
Photo of Connie1578

Connie1578

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,790 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I think the quickest way to do that is to grab them from your page (literally click and drag) then fix and upload.  Don't forget to delete the first version or rename them before uploading so you can tell them apart. (I don't know how else to get them myself)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 13,758 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

If the photo is on the published website and in a gallery you can select the image so it opens or expands then from there you can right click on the image and save image as. If it is not in a gallery you will need to right click on the page the image is on, select inspect and find the photo url or link and open it from there, then right click and save as. 
Photo of Connie1578

Connie1578

Thank you for the replies. I have not found a way to save an image with the steps you've provided. My preference would be to save images that are stored in "my images" of the editor. But I have not discovered how to do that. Any help there would be appreciated.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

So I did try a few things and I was able to do it, this one should definitely help! First have the editor open and also a new blank tab. If you go to the "my images" option and click on the image and drag it into that new tab and release it will open the image, from there you can right click and save as to save that image to your computer. Hopefully this helps.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Actually that may only open and save them as a small thumbnail. I am still trying a few different things though and I will keep you updated if I find another way.
(Edited)
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

If you go into "My Images" then select and drag the photo to the desktop (or a file on the desktop) they will transfer at the size they appear on the website.  I just take the "desktop file" and open it in Photoshop. This is what I do if I need to "strip out" a picture from the website.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Connie, I did try what Lynn recommended above and that does work! Thank you for the insight Lynn, you rock!
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

Why yes...yes I do!   ha ha ha ha
Photo of Connie1578

Connie1578

Thanks. I was able to drag-n-drop from "my images" folder to my desktop. The problem is the resolution had become so small and not really a workable image. I can't find the original to correct it - wish I could. I appreciate all the help. If anyone figures out a way to download hi-res pics, lemme kno. Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.