how to delete old index

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

i have designed a new index page and saved it. how do i delete the old index? I don't see the "x" option on the list of pages.
Photo of Elizabeth0249

Elizabeth0249

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,332 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's on your page list.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can only have one page called index. If you created a new page with a different name that you want to be the index page, then use the arrow to the right of the save button and save the new page as index and then publish.

If you don't see the solution now, can you tell me which site? and the new index page shows what name on the view page menu?
Photo of Elizabeth0249

Elizabeth0249

I did save the page as a different name "Willbeind" and I used the arrow next to Save As to tell it to overwrite the old index file - ii looked like it worked, but when I look at the file list there are now 4 pages that say Index and they are all the old index info.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Log out of Sitebuilder and log back in again. You appear to have a refresh problem in your browser. It is impossible to have 2 or more pages with the same name
Photo of Elizabeth0249

Elizabeth0249

Tried it.  Went back in and tried to save my new page as index.  asked if i wanted to overwrite - i said yes. does the same thing - adds a second line named index on list (im a rookie but i get that there can only be one file named index) and the info reverts to the old index info.  Of course now I have to leave for an appointment - I just put a note on the old/current index that I'm working on the site.  I've overwritten an index in the past - Im not sure why its not working for me.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

That is strange. Try doing a complete clearing of your browser history. Also, before you try to save as again, take a look at the current Home(index) page. They appear to be the same.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.