How much longer will our website be down? Are we going to get some kind of credit for this?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am unable to view my website online and Ive had several clients email me trying to gain access to my website. What is going on? Im current with my payment. Will I get some sort of credit for this. I am able to update my site but it wont come up when you type in the url.
Photo of Jamaria5451

Jamaria5451

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kristi4981

Kristi4981

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issue :/
Photo of CADJ

CADJ

• 1,386 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My site is down I was on it and then nothing.... Frustrated!!!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have 3 different answers for you 3.

Jamaria5451, verify your domain name

Kristi4981, you need to update your DNS, please create a private conversation so we can provide the information

Charles2219, Which of the 10 sites are you having a problem with?
Photo of CADJ

CADJ

I have been trying to edit my site but again I fell asleep at 3pm today and still now it's not allowing me to do anything! All I see is this
Photo of CADJ

CADJ

Almost waiting for 3hrs!!!
Photo of Daniel1602

Daniel1602

• 62 Points
It took about 40 minutes to cure the problem. Homestead said they sent me an email, of course they did not, my site and email went down and as I was waiting on hold I decided to chat, that's really the best way to go, just make sure you have your PIN number. The lady stayed online while I verified my domain, it was really quite easy but I just fixed it and will take about 10 minutes. I just checked an my site is up but unfortunately two days of emails have been lost, I just sent me an email  to my homestead account and it is up and running again, unfortunately I can no longer trust Homestead with this email issue, because, as you are all aware, at least 2 times a year their server is down. fortunately I do not use homesteads account for much, I start switching to my gmail or live account. I have 5 so my website account will be strictly for a few. It is unfortunate that a company so large and so well grounded in support has so many problems.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you were verifying your domain name then it was not Homestead that had the problem. ICANN had you suspended, which removes all DNS records. This is not our choice. and yes, emails were sent, but likely to the email address that proved to be the ultimate problem. We are sorry.
Photo of egrant8360

egrant8360

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Having the same issues.  Why can't you just publish the proper way to use external dns?  After Christmas we did a nslookup on your servers (NS1.MDNSSERVICE.COM) and cnamed to websites004.homestead.com which worked for a while.  We also set up the url without the www to the resulting ip which also worked.  Yesterday and today everything has broken again.  This is pretty bad that so many people are having these issues with your hosting service.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

As I asked, please create a private conversation.
Photo of William1899

William1899

• 1,644 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Jesus H Christ wtf is wrong with this company? And yes, profanity is appropriate sometimes
Photo of egrant8360

egrant8360

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Amazingly in the last hour the site came back up without us making any changes.  If you are going to make changes like this don't you think you may want to make them late at night?  SMH.
Photo of William1899

William1899

• 1,644 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am with godaddy, lycos/Tripod, weebley, and others for years and none of them every require me to do any confirmation stuff or change my DNS. Ever.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.