How do you link a button to a phone number to click and call

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

Photo of kwikcoolstorage4785

kwikcoolstorage4785

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,790 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This is an easy one.  When you select the text with the phone number and click on the LINK icon, in the list of things to link to is one for a PHONE NUMBER!  Put the number in there and the link is live!
Photo of Dennis1685

Dennis1685

• 60 Points
I tried doing it several times and it does not work?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 45,038 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you are trying to link text, make sure you highlight the text first.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Lynn is right, it is in our Link options. So, just add the button, icon, or text. Choose the link option and select Phone Number
Photo of John or Janet8420

John or Janet8420

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Phone number is not an option for me in the link. How do I get this to work?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

You are using Sitebuilder Plus, not our newer builder Website Builder, so unfortunately there will be no option for you to link a phone number. You would need to use HTML code. My other suggestion would be to rebuild your site in Website Builder. You would need to add a new site on your account and build it, then you can switch your domain over.
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,790 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Are you using WebsiteBuilder or Site Builder?  It is definitely an option in the Website Builder Link. It's right under EMAIL line in the blue pop up box. Silly-but did you highlight the phone number text before you tried to link it?

John or Janet8420

What is the charge to switch to Website Builder?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello!

It would be no additional charge for you. You would just need to log into your account, click on Websites Manager, and choose the option Add New Website. This will automatically be created in Website Builder. I recommend you take some time to watch our Youtube Tutorial Videos as they have great information for getting started in Website Builder!

https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites/videos

John or Janet8420

Will we have to pay for both sites while we are switching over? If we decide to go with a different company, do we get to keep our domain name?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Any additional sites you make wouldn't charge you any extra. If you decided to go with a different company, you would definitely be able to still keep your domain, but I do hope you give Website Builder a chance! We have had GREAT feedback from our customers who switched from Sitebuilder to Website Builder.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.