How do I unpublish my website I published it and was not done?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Photo of cheriethemortgagepro5859

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,594 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
If you want to start everything over all you'll need to do is go to your homestead account page and delete the site and build a new one.

If you published the site before you were ready it's a fairly simple fix. Save your index page as something like "index-worker". Do the same with your 404 page if it's created. Remove everything from the real home/index page and 404 page then publish. Your home page and 404 will be blank to all visitors. Of course you could always leave your logo on the blank pages and maybe a short "under construction" message if you wish. You can then continue building your site with no worries about visitors. Once it's built and your happy save the "index-worker" page as your home/index page then publish.

Pay close attention to your linking as the index page you'll be working on is really the "index-worker" page. Try to stay in preview mode as much as possible as most links will work except when you click home/index. Remember, that page is blank until you save the "index-worker" page as your home/index page.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 21,080 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

With the editor that you are currently using for your site unfortunately there is not a way to unpublish the site. You can create a new site and attach your domain to it just as a temporary place holder and when you are ready to go live just attach your domain back to the original site. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.