how do i point one of my website to another of my websites

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

WE are a trade show company and have combined 2 of our shows together therefor no need for 2 separate websites. Is there away when they go to the cottage show website it would take them to our Cottage & Log Home Website?
Photo of tnhtradeshows6970

tnhtradeshows6970

• 796 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,756 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

So just to make sure I understand, you want both domain names to point to the Cottage & Log Home Website?

tnhtradeshows6970

No just the cottagecountyshow website to point to the loghomeshow website.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,032 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You cannot point one website to another. You can point a domain to another domain or to another website. Which one are you trying to do?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

OK, perfect. Thank you. I can definitely get that set up for you. In order for this to work, we need to control your DNS, so I will need to point your nameservers back to Homestead.

tnhtradeshows6970

when you do that will my websites be secured?

tnhtradeshows6970

so this is the website that you will be pointing to https://www.bcloghomeshow.com/

tnhtradeshows6970

ok lets do it

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Yes, because it will be pointing to a secure website.

tnhtradeshows6970

ok can you do that for me Elyzabeth.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Ok, I've made that change. Please give it up to 24 hours to update.

tnhtradeshows6970

Hi Elyzabeth, its not working and been 24 hours?  It says This page can’t be displayed. My customers are wondering what has happened to the site?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm sorry, but both domains are working on my end. What are you seeing on your end that it is not working? It is possible that it is caching, can you try clearing your cache or using a different browser?

tnhtradeshows6970

i have tried that and so have others and it keeps coming up with Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

tnhtradeshows6970

when i type in bccottageshow.com it still comes up as that site instead of coming up at the bcloghomeshow.com website.

tnhtradeshows6970

or Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Ok, while I still can't replicate this issue, I'm going to try to fix what is happening on your end by setting the nameservers for bcloghomeshow.com back to Homestead so we can get your site secure through our system. The only thing I can think of is that the Cloudflare SSL is causing an issue on some browsers because it doesn't like the pointing.

tnhtradeshows6970

ok well if we at least put it back to the cottage show than that is a big help for now.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I would strongly advise against that. It is working in any computer that has not pulled up your site before that I test. If we switch it back, you could have to deal with this when you want to point it again. Lets work to figure out the issue now. Can you provide me information like what browser and operating system is being used by the people who are experiencing this issue?

tnhtradeshows6970

Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, When i type in bccottageshow.com it now opens up at that site where as before it was giving an error.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Ok good. Let me know if you get the error again.

tnhtradeshows6970

ok will do. I guess there is no way then to make the bccottageshow  point to and open the bcloghomeshow webiste?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

www.bccottageshow.com is working on my end to point to the other site.

tnhtradeshows6970

Elyzabeth it is not working

tnhtradeshows6970

We need to put it back to the cottage show. its all messed up and can't find it. says site can't be reached"

tnhtradeshows6970

can we please point it back to the www.bccottageshow.com

tnhtradeshows6970

Hi are you there Elyzabeth?

tnhtradeshows6970

Ok so what ever Elyzabeth did is not working. Help

tnhtradeshows6970

its not working and now nothing shows up it times out

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,612 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Well, I can see that you have now pointed the site back to the Website Builder site. The site was working on my computer, my laptop, my phone, and my coworkers computer in another state. I honestly believe it was caching for people who had visited your site previously. Now, it is in propagation again because the DNS had to be changed with the pointing you did.
Honestly, I would recommend calling in at this point. If you are going to make changes on your end and I am trying to make changes on my end, it is just going to mess the site up.
1-800-710-1998

tnhtradeshows6970

Hi Elyzabeth, it wasn't working on any of our sites and asked someone who has never been there to check it out. You are right after that i went in and tried to change it back with little to no knowledge of what i was doing, but if it's not working and we can't get on it and potential exhibitors who have been there can't get on...well that is not good for my business. So in saying all this where is it at now. It don't even show up when you google bc cottage show.

tnhtradeshows6970

Can we please put it back to the way it was, it is not working it doesn't even show up in Google search any more. when you search google for bc cottage show its not there!  Please just put it back to bc cottage show like i was trying to do this am. its a mess.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,612 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As I mentioned earlier, at this point, I recommend you call in. Our support hours are Monday-Friday 6AM-5PM MST.
1-800-710-1998

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.