Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic.
Note: Site Mover only copies the pages/files you specify. The website will not be automatically deleted. Any login name/password entered will not be saved. It will provide a one-time access of your other account to copy the necessary pages/files.
- Create a new website. This site will act as a holding spot for the website move. Follow these instructions to Create a new website.
Warning: Don't choose a template. This can cause elements of the website to copy incorrectly.
- Before moving to the next step, confirm
the website you just created is the website listed on the Your Websites
Page. For example, if you created a new website
sitemovehelp.homestead.com, you'd see this.
- Start the Site Mover .
- Click Move a site in the Move an entire site window.
- Select Homestead (this account) or Homestead (another Homestead account). Click Next.
- If you are moving a website within the same account, you'll select this account.
- If you are moving a website from any other Homestead account, you'll select another Homestead account.
- Enter the login name and password for the account the website is coming from (originating account). Click Next.
- To select the website you want to move, choose the website from the Choose a Web site to move dropdown. Click Next.
- Select the site you created in Step 1. Then, select the first option for the question: To which Web site would you like to move these files? Click Next.
- Click Next to agree to the terms.
- The Transferring page will review how the files are copied. Click OK.
- Click Refresh in the File Manager. If you have a large site you are moving, Refresh again after 1 minute to confirm all files have copied.
- Click Websites Manager.
- Click Edit Site.
- The site that you moved will open by default. Click Publish. Click Entire Site. If the site doesn't publish completely, click Publish and choose Entire Site, again.