How do I move images from Sitebuilder Plus to Website builder

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

My current website is in the old "Sitebuilder Plus" program. However, I want to rebuild my website in the new "Website Builder" program to make it a responsive site. I would also like to use some of the same images and text that are presently in my old Sitebuilder website and move them into the new Website Builder site that I want to build.

The problem is I don't see a way to move images and text between the two  programs, "Sitebuilder Plus" and "Website Builder"

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thank you!
Andrew
Photo of Andrew2399

Andrew2399

• 542 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of david2953

david2953

• 6,966 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Andrew...if memory serves me correctly SiteBuild has a file manager where all you images are stored. You should be able to download the images from the SiteBuilder file manager to your computer and then upload them to WebsiteBuilder.  WebsiteBuilder has a method of using the Homestead provided images and or user images.
(Edited)
Photo of david2953

david2953

Actually, I just checked in SiteBuilder.  If you go to the file manager, select the picture you want, right click and then select preview.  The image will then open in another browser window that will then allow you to right-click the image and save it to your computer.  There may be an easier way but that appears to work in case nothing else is available.
(Edited)
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Or you can open the site in your browser and right click on an image, choose Save As and save it in a folder on your desktop.  Same with text, copy off the site in the browser and paste directly into websitebuilder.
(Edited)
Photo of david2953

david2953

Even easier.  Would there be any degradation of image quality pulling it off the actual site in the browser?
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Not that I've ever noticed David and yes, it's infinitely easier! 
Photo of Andrew2399

Andrew2399

• 542 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.