How do I manage comments on blog posts in Websitebuilder such that I can approve or not a comment before it becomes public?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Managing blog post comments in Websitebuilder?
Photo of Christine9434

Christine9434

• 876 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
HI Christine, I have not launched my blog on the new websitebuilder yet so, unless someone has already and can give you the answer, the homestead tech guys will be back in here Monday morning and I am sure they will be able to give you and answer.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That is something I have sent to the development team as an add request. Unfortunately at this time, the comments can't be managed.
Photo of Christine9434

Christine9434

An update and date by which we will have this would be appreciated.  Does this also include requiring an email and name from those who post comments? The is really unacceptable in this day and age, given the vulnerabilities that we are left open to, and the constant management of post that is now required. How do we delete comments, as necessary, if there is no management system around this?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Christine9434, can not give you a when or an if on this. It is a new feature request that will be looked at by the developers, but has to be approved, prioritized, coded, tested and finally released. I do not know what stage it is currently in, but I shall try to find out.
Photo of Christine9434

Christine9434

Thank you, Drew.  
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Drew, I already have a blog on my sitebuilder+  website, If I keep that page when launching my new websitebuilder website, can I link to the old blog?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I would think we could find a way. You would not be able to delete the old site. We could make a subdomain that points to the sitename.homestead.com/blog.html page. When linking to the blog, it would display something like blog.domainname.com/blog.html.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Sounds like a plan, thank you Drew.. can I get back to you when ready please
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.