How do I make my home page more readable on smart phones and iphones etc?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

when someone opens my website on their phone the print is so small it's not readable unless they enlarge. How do I make this more user friendly.
Photo of Robin1377

Robin1377

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • unhappy

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The software that you are using, Sitebuilder plus, unfortunately does not have a mobile friendly aspect so if someone does visit the site from a mobile phone it will show exactly like the desktop and need to zoom in to see it clearly. Homestead does not have a way to implement a mobile friendly aspect to the old software but we have released a new builder, WebsiteBuilder. This will allow you to create a new more modern website and also have the mobile friendly aspect as well. This does require you to rebuild the site in the new builder but you can do this with out affecting your current site and switch your domain name to it whenever you are ready. 
Photo of Robin1377

Robin1377

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
would this involve an upgrade and cost more? Any idea how much the cost would be? 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
There is no additional cost for this. You just need to add a new site and start building it. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.