How do I link a picture or text from one page to a section, picture, or text on another page?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I would like to link a picture from one page to a section, picture, or text on another page. Can you point me to a tutorial of how this is done? I found the one on how to link to a different part of the same page, but could not find anything about how to link to a specific picture, text, or section on a different page. I am using website builder. Thank you.

Photo of MaryAnn4175

MaryAnn4175

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,740 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I don't think that can be done in Website Builder without special coding.  As an alternative, you COULD link the picture to a pdf/jpg of the section on the alternate page.  Not ideal, but it could work.   I am following this, if there IS a way to do it.  It would be useful.
Photo of MaryAnn4175

MaryAnn4175

• 292 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Well, that is one of the things I am looking to be able to do if I am understanding your reply correctly. So what you are saying is that I would be able to link a picture from one page to a picture on another page, yes? Can you tell me how to do that or point me to a tutorial or a previously answered question of the same type? Ideally, one would be able to link any part of a page, text, picture, section, etc., to any part of another page. But for now I would settle for linking picture to another picture on a different page. Thanks!
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,740 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Well technically you would be linking your picture to a file (pdf) that is a separate copy of the target picture.  It wouldn't be ON that other page, it would be a file that opens up on it's own that looks just like your other page.  Complicated to explain, but if you make your picture a pdf/jpg/document file, you can link to that. It opens up by itself. You'd have to try it to see if it's an acceptable option.  It may even be possible to build in a hyperlink in the FILE pdf/jpg/doc to open onto the original target page so the person viewing it goes back to the website page. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 11,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello MaryAnn, 

WebsiteBuilder will not allow you to link an image to a specific section or element on another page. It is true, you can only select a specific section or image if it is on the same page. You can link to another page but cannot specify what section will appear, it will direct you to the top of that page. 

I will send this as a feature request to the development team in hopes this can be implemented in the future. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.