How do I handle orders that say, "Waiting Payment"

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have a couple of orders that state "Waiting Payment" This has been the status since Friday. How should I handle these types of orders? Do I continue to wait, or do I cancel the orders?
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

• 1,784 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 32,482 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

These status's can be changed manually but this is 100% your choice. I would review any payments that are received through Paypal to verify no payment was received for the product. You can wait to see if a payment is received through your payment channels for whatever amount of time feels sufficient for you. If you feel the time frame is unreasonable you can cancel the order. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Ok, thank you. Michelle, one more question. I know I'm asking a lot but my store opened on Friday. Here is a comment I received from a customer:

A suggestion that you may already have in mind for your online shop: shipping information. Perhaps a brief FAQ that indicates that pricing is in US$, and if you ship internationally, etc.

I have the shipping information in the Legal section. But how can it be seen prior to checkout?

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No worries, I am happy to help. In order to have this visible prior to check out, you can add a text or button link maybe in the footer or somewhere on a page that has this info available before they are presented this at checkout. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Ok. Is there also a way to create a FAQ page and Search tool?
Also, how can I receive notification if someone comments on my blog? I know the comments are via FB, but I don't receive any notice. Lastly, I spoke with Paypal and they said the Waiting for Payment orders should be handled from Homestead's end since Paypal hasn't received any payment.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You would create it as a standard page https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-add-a-new-page but there is not search tool is WebsiteBuilder. 
Unfortunately, there also is not a way to set up notifications for blog comments other than what is received through FB. 

Correct, with the self managed account since no payment was received you can cancel the order or reach out. Double check all payments that were received through Paypal to verify these amounts were not collected for the order. The payment may not have been completed on the customers end so you can wait to see if a payment is received at a later date for whatever amount of time. You can cancel the order or you can reach out to the customer using the customer details information to complete the order.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.