How do I forward a new domain name to a different url ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I am purchasing some additional domain names but will not be creating a site on homestead for them.  Instead I want to find out how to forward traffic who goes to them to a different url (a particular page) on another site not with homestead ?  I would appreciate your help with instructions on how to do this.  Thanks so much.
Photo of Debby-NOLA

Debby-NOLA

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 14,388 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You can do so by creating a sub domain point to the other url option. From the domains tab click on edit for the sub domain option and select other url, paste the url in that slot and save. 

Photo of Debby-NOLA

Debby-NOLA

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
But would it really be a sub domain if there is no main domain website launched ? These will be NEW domain addresses not connected to ANY website. But when someone enters them into browser I want them to be forwarded to a url of a page I have on another site hosted by another provider.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 14,388 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Correct, its fine if it is not associated with anything, it will automatically forward that domain to whatever url is provided upon visiting it. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.