How do I dis-connect DUDA so my site is viewed in "classic mode" all the time

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Duda problems....................
Photo of Ken2867

Ken2867

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We have to deactivate it on our end. Please confirm you wish to remove Dudamobile and which site you want removed. You will need to close the Dudamobile account yourself.
Photo of Ken2867

Ken2867

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Would I be correct that you represent Homestead? And if so, "yes" please remove www.oslongview.com from the DUDA system. Which needs to happen first you removing them or me closeing the DUDA acct?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Yes, I work for Homestead. I have removed the redirect, but it can take up to an hour to propagate. You can close the Duda account, but you may want to wait until you see the full site on a mobile device.
Photo of jennysfitlife4020

jennysfitlife4020

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What happens if you delete the mobile site before removing the redirect?
I tried to follow the steps so that mobile visitors see my site in classic mode but it was confusing. And now I am reading that Homestead was supposed to remove the redirect FIRST.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It isn't too important. If you close the Duda account first, then if someone went to your site on a mobile device it would redirect to a page not found, but we removed the redirect yesterday, so the propagation should be done. Is everything working?
Photo of jennysfitlife4020

jennysfitlife4020

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Drew. You removed the redirect on my site? Or the person above?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

jennysfitlife4020, yes, yours. It should not be redirecting any longer.
Photo of lynn7364

lynn7364

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
May I ask the same to disconnect dudamobile for isleviewmotel.com? Thanks
Photo of lynn7364

lynn7364

May I ask the same to disconnect dudamobile for isleviewmotel.com? Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry lynn, your site does not have Dudamobile. It is a new website builder site with a responsive design. Mobile site is done automatically. You can turn the mobile site off from within the editor if you choose, but it is not advised.
Photo of sharee7565

sharee7565

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Why is that "not advised" ?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Search engines are beginning to prioritize mobile friendly sites over non mobile friendly when a mobile device is used to search. It is not a big issue yet, but the likelihood is that over time it will become more important.
Photo of sharee7565

sharee7565

Thank you, but, I have turned of the mobile view & published the site, but now when viewing the website via a mobile phone, I am still only seeing a "mobile" version... and I am unable to zoom in or out. It has been a few hours since the change. It is simply showing the center portion of the site.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

sharee7565, which site?
Photo of sharee7565

sharee7565

The 2 sites that have been built in the new Website Builder. One was new, one was "transferred" to the new Website Builder format.
"transferred"   LindseyWyllie.com
"new"   GleasonQuarterHorses.com  (which also has a different background color on the mobile version, somehow)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry. It does seem that turning off the mobile view is not functioning yet. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of kevinbrowncv605401

kevinbrowncv605401

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Duda does not work. It doesn't matter if sites are prioritized by mobile if the mobile site is crap. Get a clue Homestead. Your new builder is as big a piece as duda. I am moving on from homestead for good
Photo of lynn7364

lynn7364

Nevermind....I had a paid account with them for my old websites and it kept showing up...but i just had to delete the icon for my website and reload my phone and it's ok now
(Edited)
Photo of Monica9535

Monica9535

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
hey drew can you turn on mobile viewing for me.... my other sites just work mobile, my new ones do now. here is the duda code but homestead isn't a listed provider were we can find instructions on duda. here is my redirect code.
Photo of Monica9535

Monica9535

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
on second thought no i got it!!!! thanks
Photo of Lora1246

Lora1246

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Here's the problem I'm having, at the bottom of my mobile site I can switch to the classic site but can't switch back to mobile any way to correct that?  Another issue is that the redirecting seems to be working on my mobile phone but not on others and its going to a version that's old
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You would need to use the back button to go back to the mobile version.

Your site looks correct on my mobile device. If you see an issue please provide a url along with the exact differences.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.