How do I create a new site?

• Article
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
Homestead has a couple different builders that have been used over the years. There was the original Sitebuilder Desktop. That program is limited in it's use, since it is an older program that is less compatible with modern systems. There is Sitebuilder Plus. This is the online version of the Sitebuilder Desktop program. It can only be used on existing sites that are already utilizing the program. Then, there is Website Builder. This is our newest builder that all new sites are created on. To create a new Website Builder site:

1) Log in to your Homestead account.
    Click on the Websites Manager tab, then click on Add New Website.
Note: If you do not see Add New Website, then your account has reached its limit on sites. 2 additional sites can be made available for $2/month

2) Please provide a unique name for the site. This is just a placeholder that your site will be built under until you choose a domain name. Alternatively, you can choose to only use the site name, in which case, your site will work with the .homesteadcloud.com URL.
Click Add this Site. If the site name is already in use, you will be prompted to choose a different name.
You do not enter a domain name in this space.
If your name is available, you will be taken back to the Websites Manager page.

3) If you are ready to move on, click Choose Design.

4) Select a category and/or search for keywords. You may also just browse through them by changing pages at the bottom.

5) When you find a template, hover your mouse over that template and click the select button to see a preview.

6) If you like the preview, click Select this Design. If you want to look at more options, select Close.

• At this time, it is not possible to change a template on a site. You would need to create a new site and pick a new template.

7) Clicking Select this Design will now bring you to the editor.

Click here to jump to step 2!
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 43,536 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of John2455

John2455

• 60 Points
are there only 216 templates to choose from?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 47,948 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes, the templates you see under "Choose Design" are the ones we have available.
Photo of dwight8375

dwight8375

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why does my Sitebuilder page looks different than the one from the image (with the K-9 training)? My Sitebuilder page looks 15 years old and it's very hard to use. Is this related to the design template?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

This is because your site is an older site, so it was built using our older builder. The images in this article are related to our newer builder that we launched 2 years ago. You are certainly welcome to use that builder, but you would need to rebuild your site in that builder.
Photo of dwight8375

dwight8375

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm trying to do that. When I clicked on 'change design', my screen looks totally different. I don't have the category tab and the blank template option. Instead it asks me for the business type, website personality, website purpose, and target customer. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Right, because your site is on an older builder. If you are in your site and choose "Change Design" it is going to give you template options in that older builder. You need to rebuild your site in the newer builder, not change the design of your site in the older builder. The options will not look identical, there is no longer a "blank template" option, but everything else is the same.
Photo of carey9657

carey9657

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
But how do you access the old site?  I have a multisite option.  I talked with a guy about adding a new site, responsive site, and did.  But now I do not know how to go back and access my old cupiderosbooks.com site with webmanager?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

You would need to log into your Homestead account, go under Websites Manager and choose which site you want to edit from the drop down menu provided.
Photo of Helen1169

Helen1169

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am ready to throw Homestead away. I DO NOT WANT TO BUILD A NEW WEBSITE. I am happy with what I have and don't have time to build a new one
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello Helen,

No one is forcing you to rebuild your site. If you received an email regarding our newer builder, WebsiteBuilder, which prompted this reaction, we are just informing you of your options. We wouldn't be doing our job if we had a better product to offer and didn't tell you about it. At that point, it is your choice to use it or not.
Photo of doug0624

doug0624

• 62 Points
I am having a lot of trouble with site builder but when I open website manager there is no tab to initiate website builder as suggested in the instructions 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

When you're logged into your Homestead account and click on Websites Manager, do you see this option in the top right corner of your screen? I just logged in and I can see it in your account on my end.

Photo of QueenV

QueenV

• 318 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I like the selection but I want to alter the existing templates.  Can I do that?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

Yes any template you choose is fully customizable. You can change any part of them you want!
Photo of Anne/Stephan8546

Anne/Stephan8546

• 666 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
can I change my old site to the new builder?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 34,922 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Yes, you can rebuild your current site in the new software. First, add a new site to your account and get started from there. In order to change from the old builder to the new it will require you to rebuild. All text can be copied and pasted into a text box from builder to builder. You will need to re upload images to the new software, here is an article to download your sites content to make it easier to move over. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have a site that is so outdated it is easier to build a new one than to edit existing one. Can I build a new site and then replace the one I have with it? How should I go about it?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

Yes you can! You would start by first adding a new site https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-new-site.
Once you are done building it, you can attach any existing domain to it with these instructions https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_switch_my_domain_to_a_new_site_i_built

I would recommenced checking out the YouTube video tutorials to help you get familiar with the new builder. https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions during the process. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

I started with the new site and have a question. How can I create a template page? I need many similar pages - same layout, fonts and background, the difference is in the images and text. In desktop version of sitebuilder I created a template page and used "save as" option to make a new page. But there is no such tool in this new site builder. It is generally very different and counter-intuitive for me, I struggle through every element and every page... 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Once you have your template page created, you can use the duplicate page X2 icon to create a new page with the same content, then you can just change out images/text to fit that page. 

Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Thank you!
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

I have a question about upgrade. My current package is "Website Gold Plus Package". When I go to "upgrade" from the site builder it offers me to add $9.99 per month. What services I shall have if I upgrade that I don't have now? 
Another question is technical about the sitebuilder - is there an option to "fold" a section on a page so it unfolds when a certain button is clicked?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

The upgrade is for the eCommerce or online store feature. You gain access to upload products, connect to a payment processor and have a professional online store page for your customers to purchase products directly from your site. 

No, there is not a way to hide or fold a entire section and reveal it with an action. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Is there a limit to the number of items I can have in such online store?  
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

There is not a limit that has been set for the number of products in the store.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Thank you. I have one more question - page CEO. I want to know what each of these mean: Title, Keywords, Description, Page Meta Tags. What is their purpose, how they are used by search engines and what is the format for each. I don't expect you to answer here - just direct me to a place where I can read about it. Generally, I would be asking much less question if the new site builder had a written manual explaining all the options. For instance, I can't find how to change the word "button" on the button, how to copy element from one page to another, how to add a search element etc.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem. Title is the information that shows in search engines as well as in the small window tab when you are on the site. Keywords are words/phrases you think people may be searching for and help show your website as a result and meta tags are codes that are generated for keywords also. Here is more information on those settings https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-page-titles-and-descriptions.

If you double click on the word "button" you will see the blinking cursor and you are able to delete that word and replace the text with whatever you desire it to read. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

One more question - if I add upgrade and than decide it doesn't meet my needs - can I cancel the subscription and return to my current plan?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, that is correct, you can remove any add on service at anytime. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

When I replace an old site with a new one - what happens with the files uploaded to the old site? Do they still take space or are they automatically deleted?
And one more question, about the store: where are kept the item images? Do I have asses to these files from Sitebuilder? Or, if I want to use them in some other place of the site I have to upload them again?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 70,156 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can build a new site while the old site is active. When the new site is finished, you can deactivate the old site. You'll not be sharing images.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman , Thank you, but my question was about the space taken by the images of the old site - if I have to delete them manually or are they deleted automatically?

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Images on the old site have no bearing on space restrictions on the new site. You can delete the manually. They're not deleted automatically.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

I switched to the new site and published it but nothing happens - when I type the name of my site in the browser line it goes to the old site, not the new one! Should I delete the old site or something?
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

After about half an hour after readdressing domain fleur-de-irk.com to the new site I don't have site at all! All I am getting is this:
 "www.fleur-de-irk.comThis website is hosted and managed by Homestead.

You can build your own website at homestead.com."
Photo of Maria G

Maria G, Employee

• 730 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello, I see that while your fleur-de-irk.com site was on the older builder that we had you set it up through CloudFlare to be secure. This is not needed with Website Builder and is your is redirecting to a Homestead page. I have updated the pointing and set your site to be secure. Please allow up to 24 hours for the internet to pick up these changes. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

The site finally appeared, but I am not happy.
First, I need links to specific sections of my store - how can I do that? I expected when the site was working to copy these links from the browser line. But it just leads to the store/all products... 
Also, as soon as I made some changes and published the new version, the site disappeared again. 
You didn't answer my question about product images - where are they stored? Can I use these images in other pages of my site or do I have to upload them again? What happens when I delete a product - are images deleted, too? It looks like product images may be uploaded only one by one and stay in the order they were uploaded?
Most frustrating of all is the luck of proper description of this new Websitebuilder. Videos don't cover many of the options and I have to guess how each instrument works. With no live chat and considerable time difference in working hours it makes creating a site tedious and slow struggle.
All this is very frustrating. Frankly, if I can't make it work consistently soon I have half a mind to switch to Wordpress or somewhere...
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

You unfortunately cannot link to a specific section in the store as it will link to all the products as you have seen. You can set up product categories in your store that appear at the top of your store to narrow down specific products. 

Product images are not stored in the builder, you can obtain them from the source of your live site. If you would like to use it on the website, you will need to re upload it into the editor when it will then be stored in the "my images" folder from the image element.

When you delete a product the image will be deleted completely if you have not uploaded directly to the editor.

I definitely do apologize, if you can find a minute or two to call in we would be happy to help with any questions you ,may have to make this process smoother. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

You told me yesterday it will take up to 24 hours for my site to start working normally, but it didn't happen! My site was on and off for the whole day, a few minutes ago, some 27 hours later, the site was off AGAIN, I am getting the same message "www.fleur-de-irk.comThis website is hosted and managed by Homestead.You can build your own website at homestead.com." as before. I lost a customer today because of this problem. 

I did create categories and subcategories in my store. But these "categories" really work as search tags - for instance, if I add a product to subcategory it doesn't appear in the parent category, I have to add it manually to both.

"You unfortunately cannot link to a specific section in the store" - why? In all normal onlile stores each section and subsection (category) has a different URL. Why is it different here? Is there a different add-on that will give me such ability? I need a way to direct my clients to a certain subcategory. My site is for handmade unique jewelry, I want a client to go directly to "necklaces", or "white jewelry", or "jewelry with agates".

" if you can find a minute or two to call" - I would, but for the life of me I can't find a phone number I can call from abroad! I would be even happier if you had a chat or email - my written English is better, and I will be left with some written instructions I can return to later.

By the way, during the time I was writing this comment my sate went off line, returned for short time, and now is off again... Hope I shall not need to wait till tomorrow to get any coherent reply
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman Now it is. A few minutes ago it was down. I was up and down many times today, including last hour. I want to be sure it is up, and stays up, without any glitches
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You're referring to Death and Taxes? Those are the only guarantees I know of.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman Ha-ha, I am realistic. I want it to be at least as stable as my old site which I edited for many years from the desktop Sitebulder, and never had such complications. The process of creating this new site drives me crazy - nothing works as I expect it too...
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

I agree. There's a learning curve. Also, the site setup transition is not a slam dunk. This is a good decision. The gain is worth the pane.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman Would be much easier if there was a full manual explaining all the instruments and options. The few videos talk only about basics. Also live support 24/7 would be nice - I am in Israel, with 10 hours time difference, Have to wait for each reply till tomorrow
(Edited)
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman By the way, the site is down AGAIN!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You can try using 214-388-2053. I am not able to replicate any issues with the site. Each time I have visited it and continue to request the site it is up and running every time. 

Categories will do exactly what you are attempting to go directly to "necklaces", or "white jewelry", or "jewelry with agates" you do have to manually set those up but that is how the categories function. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

You will have to believe me the site was down many times during last few hours.

At the moment I have a lot of personal problems and don't think I shall have time for my site for a few days at the least. Hope the situation is resolved by then. But anyway, if I can't get the options I need, e.g. direct URL of categories of my store, and can't modify the store screens to look as I wish them to look, I shall probably search for another host to built my site. It will be sad to say good-buy to Homestead, I was your client for some 12 or 13 years. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I understand. Here is a youtube video link to assist with setting up product categories to organize your store as desired. Hopefully this helps get you in the right direction. https://youtu.be/eLig3uMHhjg?t=243
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

I watched all the videos! And I did create all the relevant categories, uploaded about 10% of my products and attributed each to every relevant category. It all works from the store screen, but it is so dull and impersonal... I don't sell car parts or tee-shirts, it is artit's site! There is very limited personification available inside the store, the product screen options are not intended for personification, too (every time I tried to adjust something it ruined the layout, and there is not a word in your videos about how one can change store designs, apart from choosing one and using it as is) . There are also a lot of bugs - for instance, if you scroll down this screen https://www.fleur-de-irk.com/gallery you will see that page numbers and corresponding "bullets" are not one under the other; I wanted the shopping cart symbol to stay at the top of the page and moved it, but in the live version it is still in the lower part of the screen; in one of product page layouts the descriptions don't show at all - there is a word "description" and nothing else etc.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Understandable, the default categories and variants may not pertain to your business but if you choose other you can type in anything you want that category to be named and click enter to use that name. You can click on the store products and choose change design from the right to explore other designs. As far as the bullet points not lining up, I went into the editor lined them up and published it looks fine now. You can make adjustments and personalize most of the aspects in Websitebuilder just may take some trial and error. 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

The shopping cart symbol lines up with the merchandise line in the view page view. I think it's slick the way it follow along with the shopping line.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

If seams you don't understand what I mean - all is well with the names of my categories! It is the way it looks I don't like - very boring straight forward design of every other shop on the net, and nothing I can do about it. These are the pages I prepared for main categories https://fleur-de-irk.com/by-type https://fleur-de-irk.com/by-color https://fleur-de-irk.com/by-color  I was ready to manually link each image and word on these pages to the relevant sub-section of the store. But first it turned out that store pages and product pages are not the pages of my site, I have no direct asses to them. OK, I decided I shall wait till my site is published and than copy every URL of sub-section and add these links. I followed instructions, but as you remember it didn't work right away, I had to wait more than a whole day till my site was first visible - only to find out that these sections were really not sections but search results without direct URL! I buy a lot online and I don't know a single online store where categories don't have direct URLs. 

And why should it be " some trial and error"? WHY there is no clear description telling what each element is, what changes may be made, and how to make them?!! I just don't get it!

By the way, you adjusted the bullets in one screen (all products). Now you are welcome to see how it looks on a category page - just click By type/Necklaces (unfortunately, I can't give you a direct link...) Do you like it? Are you going to adjust it on every single category and sub-category page for me? And what will happened if I decide to change the style of bullets? And what other bugs will surface with as I go?
What about other things I mentioned?

I am very frustrated...
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman It is not the point! It looks OK, even if not the way I wanted it. The point is I have no control of how my site looks and operates. And if I really have, there is no place to read about how to do it, I am expected to guess and try :( 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

It beats writing code. Each item does have a url: https://fleur-de-irk.com/gallery/p_1108630/hat-lapel-pin-with-pink-flower-o133
Your need to link that url to your color code.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman Thank you for the effort, but no. This is a link a single product. Products do have separate links. Categories don't
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Homestead's eCommerce is a simple eCommerce platform and unfortunately some of the aspects are not able to be edited. If you do need clear step by step help with some of the editing the best option would be to call in so we can have a clear line of communication and assist with tackling any road bumps. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman These are pages I created manually meaning to link each object to the corresponding store page. As it turned out, category "pages" of the store are not page, e.g. don't have a specific URL. This exactly is the problem I discussed with Michelle C
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Michelle C Actually, I don't need "a clear line of communication" that is available solely when it is night at my end. I need a manual. A text that addresses to every element on this program, every instrument and option and describes how it works
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You need to create a drop down menu with each color as a menu choice. Link each relevant image to that category. Each image can be linked to several categories.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Michelle C Actually, I don't need "a clear line of communication" that is available solely when it is night at my end. I need a manual. A text that addresses to every element on this program, every instrument and option and describes how it works
There are a lot of things your few videos don't even mention! Say, what the hell is "container" and how it works? It is used on product pages, if I am not mistaken. Or "element seo" - I assume it is about search engine optimization, but the options are not at all clear. And so on. 

It would be very helpful if you stated clearly that add-on you sell is for a "simple eCommerce platform" with limited options. Because when you advertise fully customizable site one assumes it includes customization of the store
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman No, it can't! There is NO direct link to a store category! That is the whole problem. Just go to this page https://fleur-de-irk.com/gallery , click any of categories and look in the browser line - it will still read the same 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I will get some more informational articles put out on the content you have mentioned. Some more articles on containers and support articles for additional elements. You are correct, element SEO is for search engine optimization. 

Homestead does use a proprietary builder and the store is very similar, it is a drag and drop program with no access to the CSS or HMTL to make software customization's. I can also send some feedback to the engineering team about some of the options you have mentioned changing in hopes they can implement options that allow additional customization's to the store. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

What is going on?!! All the changes I did to the store layout and item pages layout disappeared overnight, and I am back to the default store design of the template! It even changed the name of the page (I called the store page "Gallery") and the order of the pages in the menu! The links to the store page from other places of the site don't work, too. I renamed it back to "gallery" and moved it to it's proper place, but it will take a lot of time to change everything back to how it was yesterday evening. And how am I to know my work will not be ruined again tomorrow? (A very angry customer here...)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

There is a learning curve.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

themieleman Thank you for your support but I am not really in the mood to take the situation lightly... I swallowed the fact the store is adjustable only as far as ready templates go. But changing the names and order of pages in the body of my site?!! WTF?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I apologize if you have lost any progress. If the content was saved to the software there will be a time stamp in the save history. Have you tried looking into the previous saves? 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

It was in the store settings. Couldn't find it in the history. Had to return it all manually. Hope it doesn't happen again
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Yet another bug in the store - when creating a product the texts copied and pasted into description section doesn't always converts to the correct font. By try and error I found that a text in Times New Roman in most cases is converted correctly, but even this doesn't always wok. For instance, no matter what I do,I can't make this product look correctly https://www.fleur-de-irk.com/gallery/p_1116774/star-of-david-key-charm-o189 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

The text may need to be pasted as plain text. If the text that you are copying/pasting is not supported by the builder you may run into issues. Try pasting as plain text or manually typing the description. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Manually typing descriptions of 500+ items? Are you kidding?!!! Please try to contact whoever it is who made the store template I use and see if something can be done. If there is no way I can set the font and font size when filling in the details of a product (and there isn't!) if should be adjusted automatically. Please talk to them! I am beyond frustrated with the half-baked product and with your service - I really don't know any other platform where you have to wait 2 days! just to be told "no"
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I can send some feedback to the engineers. Have you attempted to paste the description as plain text then formatting the size? It sounds like you are trying to paste unsupported text.
Homestead support is Monday-Friday 7am- 6pm. Unfortunately, if you post outside of those times no agents are available to assist until Monday. If you post a question during those times we are happy to assist. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

There is nothing in the instructions that say I have to use plane text. I past the text in most common fonts like Times New Roman and Arial copying it from Word file. To convert my ready texts to plane text format I have to a) create a plane text file; b) copy the text from Word to this file; c) copy again and past it to the product description. Repeat for every single product. Don't you think it is not a level of service we can expect? Also, the text that is the name of the product I also copy and past from Word, and it converts correctly. Therefor I insist it is some kind of bug in the store templates and ask you to contact the programmer who wrote it.
"Monday-Friday 7am- 6pm" your time means I can very rarely get a reply during my working hours. For instance, it is after 10 pm now at my end 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

To avoid with having to do that, you can use your keyboard to paste as plain text (ctrl+shift+v). 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

OK, did it and it works. Still, if the title is converted from any font and the description behaves differently you should check with the programmer why it happens
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Perfect. It means the type of font is not available or supported in the builder. Pasting it in plain text will convert it to a supported text and you will not run into any issues. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

No, it doesn't! It converts the title from Tomes New Roman correctly! The same Times New Roman in the description field is not converted.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I will report this, thank you. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Two new problems:
1) Can't add new products to my store (yesterday evening and today, before that all was well) - the images wouldn't load
2) Selling digital product option is not working properly: I receive notification of the sale, the payment goes normally but the client doesn't receive the email with download link. She waited 24 hours, looked in both inbox and spam folder, than contacted me and I had to send her the file manually
Photo of Jill7393

Jill7393

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Here I am, months later, still asking why I cannot unsubscribe from this page with the link provided in the email that still directs me to  a page that says

Page not found :( But that doesn't mean it isn't somewhere else. Let us help you find your way.

Even after I posted this last time a month ago and I was told by an employee that they would take care of it. Here I am. Now very annoyed.

My suggestion to everyone is to use a different program as this one does not care about your interests or your business.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Jill,

Have you attempted to unsubscribe with the instructions in this article. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/community-unsubscribe-from-community-emails

You can also unsubscribe or turn off email notifications by going to your profile and selecting email notification and unchecking the boxes. 

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Jill, 

You have been successfully unsubscribed for the email notifications regarding this thread.  
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Irena,

I apologize you have experienced this, however it may have been something temporary. Would you mind trying to add a new product again? I was able to successfully add products to multiple stores with out issues.

I am running a few tests on the downloadable products to make sure this is functioning properly. 
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Upon testing the downloadable product it does send out the link to download upon setting the order to complete. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

" it does send out the link..." It didn't work with the real purchase I had a few days ago. 
Image files wouldn't upload to the product description - tried again just now. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I have tested it multiple times and the link for the downloadable product is being sent out. Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose exactly why your customer did not receive this email as there are many factors that can affect email. It is possible, depending on the email client that it could have gotten filtered into another folder. If a customer does reach out explaining they did not receive the email you can always resend it through the order details page. 

Also, we cannot upload files to the product description field only to the product image field which is currently working on the store.  

(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You can always try a test order of the downloadable product to see the email is being sent out.  
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

OK, I shall wait till the next digital purchase and see if it goes properly.
As for the uploading images - I have created some 400+ products, I know where each element goes. I meant to say I was able to upload images to the site itself, but not to the store products. 
Generally, I am not very happy with the store. In addition to some issues we discussed earlier, it works sloooowly. It takes several seconds to filter items according to the category, even when I am at 40mg/c internet
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

There seems to be an issue with uploading images on some websites that has occurred. Thanks for reporting this, we are getting this escalated to our engineers and should be resolved soon. 
(Edited)
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Any news? I am still unable to upload images of products...
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

This has been resolved. Please try again to upload images. 
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

Yes, now I can upload images of products
Photo of Doug2763

Doug2763

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
did I read somewhere where website builder produced a secure site? But the name is http:// (not https://) 

(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Doug,

WebsiteBuilder website are secured automatically but any Sitebuilder plus site do need to manually be set to to show secured with the instructions in this article. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https.
Photo of Doug2763

Doug2763

I'm in the process of trying to create (rebuild) the site using website builder (and struggling) The link you sent says - do not use if you have website builder.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Correct, WebsiteBuilder sites are automatically secured. After attaching your domain to the new site, if it does not show secured use the instructions here or reach out and I can make sure it is provisioned. 
Photo of Doug2763

Doug2763

I'm using the model photography template - struggling with how to add a link to the three boxes under the hero photo. It says the boxes are a 'data list' but I'm struggling to find what that means, and how to add a link. Please advise.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

The data list element is a default template element that unfortunately does not have the option to set up a link. However, if you would like links set up you can use images, shapes, buttons, icons, text or any elements from the list and use the attach link option that appears when selected. 
Photo of Jill7393

Jill7393

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Dear Homestead, I have tried several time to disconnect from this thread. Each time I am taken to a page that "Page not found" but it seems that when I click on view comment I am taken right there. Please update the link on the emails so we can disconnect from this thread. Thank you. Jill

PS. Now, in order to post this, I have to sign and and agree to terms.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Jill,

I do apologize, I will make sure it is working correctly. While I look into this you can try unsubscribing with these instruction also. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/community-unsubscribe-from-community-emails
Photo of unityeplus5575

unityeplus5575

• 60 Points
When I click to preview a template it will not allow me to go down far enough to select the site
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I would recommend you check your browsers zoom settings. It is possible that it is set to zoom, which is causing the page to cut off. Try putting the screen zoom to 100%, and see if you are able to choose a template then.
Photo of Irena6031

Irena6031

There is a problem with adding variations. It worked previously but now it doesn't. I added a new global variation, created a new product and added this new variation to it. But there is no table allowing me to edit availability and price of all the variations. I am attaching two screens to illustrate - the first one is of an old product, with that table, the second is the new one - without
Why it is always such a quest to edit my site with this Homestead new product? 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

We need to create new posts for new issues.

Please reference the new conversation here: Variants in WB store
Photo of 4ScottBizPro6758

4ScottBizPro6758

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have done before, I added a new website, I need to start with a BLANK template, from scratch, I'm not seeing option???
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

Website Builder doesn't have a blank template. If you want to create your own format, you will need to choose a template first. At that point, you can delete any content you don't want to use.