How do I choose a new website template?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I chose a website template but have decided I want to choose a different one.  How do I do this?  I can't find the button that says choose new template.
Photo of Nick5507

Nick5507

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,590 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
While you are in the editing mode, click on the little 3-bar menu just to the left of the word "Website Builder" in the upper left.  It's there. 

Photo of Nick5507

Nick5507

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Just looked and don't see it. The only thing there is a selection that says "Reset Template".  Resetting doesn't help.  I want to select a completely different template.
(Edited)
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

Give me a minute.  I know it can be done.  Let me try something and I'll be right back. 
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

OK- the easiest way to accomplish this is--just add a new website and pick another template.  If you are really sure you can't customize the one you first picked to look the way you want (there are a million options in design tools) then ditch it and pick a new one.  Go back to your log-in>Website manager menu and "add a website-which can be found closer to the top on the right.   Just name it something similar but different then delete the one you don't like.  Even if you COULD just swap designs, the content would be lost anyway (as that is just the nature of the game now)  I build in a couple of different platforms so I wasn't sure, but just tested the options myself with a new site and that is pretty much what you can do to solve your dilemma tonight. 
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,662 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Nick,

Lynn is correct. The only way you can choose a new template is to create a new site. I would need to assist you, since you only have one site available through your plan. Let me know if you would like to start over. Keep in mind, any work you have done in the builder will be lost.

Other than that, as Lynn mentioned, you can change anything you don't like about the template you chose through the design options in the builder. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.