How do I cancel my Homestead account and close my website?

• Question
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Photo of michael1973

michael1973

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

It is recommended to call into support to immediately cancel any account. You can reach support Mon-Fri 6am-5pm MST at 1800-710-1998. If you are unable to call in please let me know and I can assist from my end. 
Photo of wayne4926

wayne4926

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can’t call but need to cancel my website we’re out of business now due to illness
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Wayne,

I can get you account processed for closure. I do want to verify this will disable all websites, domain names and email addresses you have with Homestead. The domains will also be available for anyone to register upon the expiration date. Is this okay?
Photo of wayne4926

wayne4926

Thank you Wayne
Photo of wayne4926

wayne4926

I appreciate you canceling this, I’m am fully aware that it may given to someone else. And Thank you for canceling my website
Photo of lovecloud4602

lovecloud4602

• 60 Points
I'm trying to cancel my account before its due tomorrow. It wont let me online, said I needed to call. I called, says it's closed.
Photo of Caroline Mills

Caroline Mills

They are open 6am to 5pm Monday-Friday MST which is apparently mountain standard time! I have to do the same thing this week.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello lovecloud4602,

I can assist with closure of your account. This will close access to your account and take down any websites domain names and emails addresses related to this account. You will be receiving a confirmation email stating it has been closed and you will not be billed going forward. 
Photo of wayne4926

wayne4926

Yes please do cancel it we’re no longer in service
Photo of wayne4926

wayne4926

Thank you for canceling
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. It has been closed, you will receive an email confirmation about the closure and you will not be billed going forward. 
Photo of Natalie9443

Natalie9443

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My website logos and photos are still not dropping on Facebook, the man told me yesterday they were and our avatar  is gone... You all make this worse not better.  Google kicked off our website link because it vanished around October 10th from Tech Maria in sales 

Photo of Natalie9443

Natalie9443

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We cannot go through this daily, we are losing our restaurant business 

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

In regards to the logo or image that shows upon sharing your website link , you can use the tag in this article to specify what image you wish to use for those actions and place that code in the site HTML. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/sitebuilder-plus-how-to-specify-the-image-used-by-facebook-for-shares-and-likes
Photo of Caroline Mills

Caroline Mills

What is MST? I am in France, does this number work from France?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello,

MST stands for Mountain Standard Time. We are located in Arizona and yes, it should work from France. 
Photo of Caroline Mills

Caroline Mills

Hi Michelle, please can I cancel by email, the time difference is horrendous. What information do you need. Thanks, Caroline.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Caroline,

I can help. Do you want to close out the entire account? This will close access to your account and take down any websites, domain names and emails addresses related to this account. Is this okay? 
Photo of Caroline Mills

Caroline Mills

Yes please.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thanks, it has been closed, you will receive an email confirmation about the closure and you will not be billed going forward. Thank you for being a long time customer and have a great week!
Photo of Caroline Mills

Caroline Mills

Thank you for your help Michelle. The end of an era!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Of course, you are welcome and best wishes for all future endeavors. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.