How do I beat the 30,000 pixel page length limit?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

As far as I can tell, all of the pages in Site Builder have a 30,000 pixel length limit despite the claim that pages really "have no length limit."  Many of my pages involve length step-by-step photographic and text descriptions of my custom model builds, and some of those builds have extensive features to describe. I have run into this problem on six or seven pages, and, no, you cannot simply click on an object and type in "Position and Size... Top = 30,001". The box will reset the value so that your object's bottom pixel will not exceed 30,000.

Any ideas?
Photo of Maethius

Maethius

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Martin

Martin

• 5,900 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Just curious, how far past 30K do you plan on going? That would be like a world record maybe? HAHHAHA
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I would seriously recommend dividing those wayyyyyyyyy too long pages into additional pages - it will make it much more viewer friendly than pages that go to infinity and beyond! The Search Engines will probably like it better as well.
Photo of Maethius

Maethius

@Susan2829

While that is true, the context of what I do does make that a difficult proposition. For example, this model I built last year required TWO pages built to 30,000 pixels:

http://maethiuspics.homestead.com/Commissions/SH-SKG/RBOZ-024-X.html  continued here:
http://maethiuspics.homestead.com/Commissions/SH-SKG/RBOZ-024-X_continued.html

Yes, the interface graphics and all of that appear ancient (I did create the originals back when Homestead was a free service, so... 1998?

So... anyone have a way to break the "no limit" of 30,000?

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry, but there is no way around it. That will be the maximum length of the page, and while I understand what you have done, a page that long is exceedingly rare. You will need to go to 2 pages, or you can create a pdf document with the full length and link to it. It would give the viewer an easy option to print it too.
Photo of Maethius

Maethius

Okay, I will just keep doing what I've been doing. I know it's a really rare and awkward circumstance, but I had to try. From a non-coding background, it would seem logical that one would merely have to replace a value somewhere that changed it to 1,000,000,000 pixels! Of course, working with coders, I know that is never the case.

Thanks for the reply!

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Believe it or not, there are still some limitations that they have to work with too.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.