How do i add an SSL Certificate to my Online Store?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

In order to track conversions in bigcommerce, I would like to install our own SSL Certificate to our bigcommerce store. This way our checkout process is tracked by google analytics and we can determine what advertisements are generating revenue. 

This feature is missing in the Homestead Version of Bigcommerce, but available in all other versions. Is there a way that this necessary feature could be enabled?
Photo of Nic9866

Nic9866

• 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nic9866,

I am sorry, at this time only the shared SSL is available.

Drew
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Nic9866,

Did Google change their requirements? I don't see that is says you have to have a personal SSL. The checkout has to be https, which the shared SSL provides

Drew
Photo of Nic9866

Nic9866

• 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Drew,

When you go to the SSL or https part of the bigcommerce store using Homesteads shared SSL Certificate the domain changes from www.mystore.com to store1234a.bigcommerce.com .

Google stops tracking then, because I do not own the top level domain (bigcommerce.com) and can't add it as a property to manage in google analytics. Unless you know of another way of tracking, I have no way to tell if my advertisements are effective, or what advertisements are effective.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Oh yes, I see what you mean. I don't know of another way and unfortunately as I said, we only are able to offer the shared SSL at this time.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.