How do I add a form in Websitebuilder?

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
  • (Edited)
Forms are a great way for visitors to provide specific information to you via an email.

1. First click on the Elements tab on the left, then in the Contact section, click on Contact form.

2. Position the form in the desired spot on the page and click your left mouse button. This will drop the form onto the page.

3. The standard form may provide the information you need, but if not, you can customize the form by adding or removing fields. Simply click the Manage Form button in the toolbar.

4. On the left side, you can see each field currently on the form. To the right is a trash can. If you wish to delete a field, simply click the trash can. If you want to change the field, click the desired field on the left. You can change the label text to anything you like. There are several fields types to choose from. Lastly, you can select the check box to make the field optional. If you uncheck the box, the field is required and the form can't be submitted without it.

5. As with other elements, if you click more in the toolbar, you will see the advanced tab. Click it, and on the right side, you will see the advanced settings. Here you can change tons of design elements, like font, size, shadows, opacity, and many more options.

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 41,976 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Sally8246

Sally8246

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What happens to the information typed into the form? Where does it go, how is it formatted, etc?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 34,186 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The information typed into the form is sent to the email address in the form settings. It is also saved in your form submissions in the builder.
It will be formatted as
Question:
Answer
Photo of Tim3571

Tim3571

I dont understand I have a form already I need to place it under Forms on my Navigation Bar

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

You can place your form anywhere you want on your site. What is it that you are not understanding, so that I can clarify things for you?
Photo of Tim3571

Tim3571

How do I upload a PDF so it can be filled out on line and printed out
Photo of Tim3571

Tim3571

when the go to Forms on the website they can do this. I upload a form to be used and when you print it out it is not 8x11 it is less than half the size
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Oh, I see. You can upload a PDF but we cannot control how it prints. That would depend on the PDF that is uploaded and the individuals print settings.
Photo of Yusuf7282

Yusuf7282

I'm sorry, your answer was not clear for me.  How do you update the email address that a form will send to?  Can you please be specific on where I go to do this?  
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

If you click on the form within the builder, you just need to click More > Advanced > Settings and you will see the email address it is currently set to go to. You will just need to delete that and add the new one.