How do I access live chat support?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

When you are logged into your account on www.homestead.com, look in the top right hand corner and you'll find the link under the Help button.

Hours of Operation for Live Support

Phone:
Mon-Fri 7:00am - 6:30pm MDT
Sat-Sun Closed
Chat:
Mon-Fri 4:30am to 1:15pm MST(No DST)
Sat-Sun Closed
Community:
Available 24x7

Please click this link if you receive a message that chat key cookie doesn't match chat key.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of David1351

David1351

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I access Live Chat support?.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You haven't listed the phone number. Do they use one?
Photo of Stan5156

Stan5156

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I used chat 3 times the other day and nobody came on for hours.
Photo of Darrel7106

Darrel7106

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Starting a chat conversation with a representative.

I cant find the link to start a chat with a representative from HomeStead. I see the hours of chat operation. But no link to get there.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Darrel7106,

It should be under help.

Drew
Photo of A.0054

A.0054

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It is not under help.    .
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

A.0054, We are looking into this. You can log out of your account and go to http://www.homestead.com and you will see a link under the log in button. It says chat available. You can also create your own question here if you wish.

Drew
Photo of A.0054

A.0054

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you, I created a 'private' question because of the instructions given to several other people regarding websites being down.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ok, we'll get there ASAP
Photo of Jeramy9946

Jeramy9946

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem with our site being down and not finding the chat link
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We are looking into this. You can log out of your account and go to http://www.homestead.com
and you will see a link under the log in button. It says chat
available. You can also create your own question here if you wish.
Photo of Armando4056

Armando4056

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am logged in, clicked on Help in the top right hand corner, and there is no link to Chat support there.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Use this link. It's in the upper right corner: http://www.homestead.com/welcome/#.VK2EiSvF-Sp
Photo of Ed3848

Ed3848

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have found there is no link to live chat also. It seems things are going from bad to worse. pvwt
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ed3848,

The link to chat should be there, but only when chat is available. It has been quite a while since chat was available on the weekends. You can ask a question here 7 days a week.
Photo of debbie7235

debbie7235

• 60 Points
I get this error...

"Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key"
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

debbie7235,

Try clearing your browser history. The go to Homestead and try the chat. You can also try a different browser.
Photo of Kathy3397

Kathy3397

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Error message when I try to access chat --Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key -- I am not a visitor I have an account.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can post a question here in the community. You should be able to clear your cache and cookies and then access chat.
Photo of Angela2418

Angela2418

• 60 Points
I receive the same error in both Chrome and Internet Explorer and have cleared browser history.

Also, there is no obvious way to find the telephone number for the telephone support.  I don't want to post my billing related questions in a public forum. I want to speak with someone via chat or telephone.  It shouldn't be this difficult to do so.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Angela2418,

Phones are only just about to open. The number is 800-710-1998. Chat is up and running, it is possible that your browser history is not clearing properly. It's best to got to about:blank in the address bar and then clear everything, then close the browser and try again.

Also, You can create a private conversation here in the community. Only you and employees can see private conversations.
Photo of Susan6818

Susan6818

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Today I was unable to access Chat through Internet Explorer.  Although I didn't think it would make any difference, I tried through Google Chrome and was successful.  I don't know why they don't post that somewhere.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It should work with all major browsers. Did you receive any error?
Photo of Susan6818

Susan6818

I received an error message, which I pasted into a chat this afternoon.  However, once Chat got online, the original message didn't show up so I can't tell you what the error message said.  I can tell you that I just tried to access Chat now through Internet Explorer and it worked.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If the error mentioned the cookie not matching the key, please take a look at this topic if it happens again.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/chat-key-cookie-does-not-match-visitor-chat-key
Photo of Susan6818

Susan6818

Thanks so much.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of India6196

India6196

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I don't have a "chat live" selection under that top right corner "help".................
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Logon to Homestead and select "help" in the upper right corner.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It will not display if it is off hours and no reps are available. It only shows during chat hours.
Photo of Gretchen0016

Gretchen0016

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have clicked on the button a few times but nothing happens.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Is your browser telling you to allow pop ups? Also, try clearing your browser history.
Photo of jessica6333

jessica6333

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have tried to use the live chat 2 times just now. Every time I respond to the helper the send button does not work :(
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Have you tried a different browser? You can also search for the answer to your question here. or create a new topic to ask your question.
Photo of jessica6333

jessica6333

I am not able to receive email from a specific client that I know has been sent.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Can you have them send you the source code of the email to a different address and then post it in a new topic? We would need to analyze the email to determine what happened to it.
Photo of Ben9683

Ben9683

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Sigh - yeah, the chat link just doesn't show up. The fix diidn't quite work.
Photo of mike1971

mike1971

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hey Homestead, for us paying customers it would be most efficient to have the "LIVE CHAT" available when logged-in working in dashboard (on website) versus logging out to access live chat - this idea is as good as sliced bread. On the a good note...Customer service, with live chat, has answered all queries very bigly (ie. very good) 
Photo of jessica6333

jessica6333

Right? Super irritating. Also would be nice to be able to call someone and have an actual conversation about an issue.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The phone number is available on http://www.homestead.com. It does say sales, but you can access all departments from there.

I will see if a link to chat can be added, but it would need to be discussed with the developers and approved, so it would not be right away.
Photo of David9659

David9659

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled contact support.

chat with support
Photo of author5137

author5137

• 72 Points
The chat isn't working. There's no email option... I need assistance.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What happens when you try and chat with support? You can create a new post if you want us to help you with your issue.
Photo of sethgconst0665

sethgconst0665

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
thank you for responding I have spent hours on the phone with tech but as you said it is designed to erase everything if you change templates. So it only works if you notice that little warning before you blow it.
Photo of Cindi Benton

Cindi Benton

• 776 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
When I click on live chat it opens the screen but just flashes - very annoying
Photo of William S

William S

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? If this does not work, have you tried a different web browser?
Photo of Angela6568

Angela6568

• 60 Points
Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key---this is what I get when I try to chat. I can not find a phone number for help. I am losing potential business.
Photo of William S

William S

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? If this does not work, have you tried a different web browser?

Our support's phone number is 1-800-710-1998.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/why_cant_i_see_changes_ive_made_to_my_site_how_do_i...
I am tired of the response from Homestead to "clear cache & cookies".  Do you realize what a pain in the butt this is for saved passwords and logins?  It erases all of these and is not just annoying but sometimes debilitating for those of us who always save our passwords for logins.  It's also not a quick fix in every case.  Try finding tech folks who know how to fix a problem without clearing the cache as a first endeavor!!
Photo of William S

William S

Clearing your cache and cookies should not affect your saved passwords. It is different for each browser, but you should have a choice on what you are clearing when you do this. There will be a specific option to clear saved passwords.

Chome example:
Photo of Gretchen0016

Gretchen0016

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is it still possible to chat online with a staff member about a problem?.

Some of my pages are missing. They all used to be there. What happened?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Official Response
We have recently discovered an issue where you may not see the chat live link, when logged in to the account. If you log out and go to Homestead.com, you will see the Chat now ink in the top right, under the login buttons.

We believe the problem was corrected, and should go live in the middle of next week. There is no fixed ETA, but that is the current ETA.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.