How can I tell if I have Sitebuilder Plus or Sitebuilder

• Question
  • Updated 7 days ago
  • Acknowledged
Hi All,
I want to make my site secure. (https://)  I'm trying to learn how to do this.  I saw that Homestead instructions say dont use these instructions for SSL if you are using a simple store and Sitebuilder Plus.
I dont have a simple store but I want to make sure i dont have Sitebuilder Plus.
Can you tell me how to check this? And any help on how to make my site secure?
Thank you
Christian
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 14,770 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
It is Simplestore, which is the store on Sitebuilder Plus, that has issues with the Cloudflare set up.
Sitebuilder Plus works fine. Also, Sitebuilder Desktop doesn't work with SSL. If you use a program that you have downloaded to your computer to edit your site, then the Cloudflare set up will not work either.
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Thank you for the reply Elyzabeth. I made my site with Sitebuilder that I down loaded onto my computer. I have been adding to my site for 8 years now so there is lots of pages that I made. I need to make it secure. Are you saying it can't be done with Sitebuilder? If not what do I need to do?
Thank you,
Christian
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Also, I dont know what Cloudflare is?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Correct, if your site is on that old downloadable builder, it is not compatible with having a secure site. My best recommendation would be to do some maintenance on your site and delete any pages you no longer need. Then, log in to Homestead.com and click "Websites Manager". Choose Edit with Sitebuilder Plus and this will bring you into the online editor. Publish your site from this builder, then you can go through the instructions you were mentioning earlier, which is how to secure your site through a 3rd party company called Cloudflare.
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Hi,
When you say delete pages I no longer need, do you mean from the file manger in sitebuilder? Also are you saying that I can upload my site with Sitebuilder Plus? I don't have to remake my website in Plus?
So does Cloudflare make your website secure.
Thank you
Christian
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 14,474 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes from the file manager. Yes you can definitely upload the site to Sitebuilder Plus. You do not need to remake it. And yes, Cloudflare is what we use to secure SB+ sites.
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Thank you so much Elyzabeth!
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Hi,
I have another question, I brought my site into the online editor and everything looks good.
To publish it, being that it brought over some pages that I'm not using at the moment but might in the future how do I publish just my site that is already on the internet? Will there be any down time or will everything work right away. Is this something that needs to be done late at night when things slow down a bit or does it matter? Our site is pretty busy with sales going on and I dont want to miss any sales. Also Cloudflare says please do not use an email address connected to your domain. What does that mean?
Looks complicated to do the CloudFlare.:(  Hope its easier then it looks. I can't afford to have my site go down.
Thank you
Christian

(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

You can do it at night to be safe, but you should not experience any downtime. If you want to publish specific pages, I would recommend going into the file manager and selecting those pages individually to publish. (You find the file manager in the builder, click on your site name in the top right corner)
That means not to use an email address that ends in your domain name. Use a 3rd party email like aol, yahoo, gmail.
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Sorry to keep bugging you. When you click the Publish button the window has a check box that says "Enable Social Share". What is that?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

That is a feature to publish changes on your site to social media, but I don't recommend trying to use it. Facebook recently made changes that affect connections like that.
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Thank you!
Photo of Christian5154

Christian5154

Why does my domain name show as this." hstrial-SacCityCorvette" under Manage Your Websites Domains ?

I can type  www.saccitycorvette.com and my site comes up, but sometimes it changes to the
hstrial-SacCityCorvette address. Why. I am trying to do the Cloudflare and the instruction say check DNS records and edit. How do I know if I need to edit anything?  Also it ask where I purchased my domain name from?  I cant remember?  It also says "To activate saccitycorvette.com you must point your nameservers (DNS) to Cloudflare"  How do I do that? This is getting confusing.
Thank you
Christian

(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

The "hstrial" site is just the site name. It is replaced by the domain name once you associate it to a site.
If you are having trouble following the Cloudflare instructions, my best recommendation would be to call and have someone walk you through it. 800-710-1998