How can I edit specific HTML on my home page?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I have a broken link http://www.pilotvials.com/null line 89, status 404 on my website home page I want to remove this.
How do I?
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,192 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
404 page will not count against your page quota.
404 ERROR: 
Per Google: https://www.google.com/search?num=30&site=webhp&source=hp&q=404+error&oq=404&gs_....
"The HTTP 404 Not Found Error means that the webpage you were trying to reach could not be found on the server. It is a Client-side Error which means that either the page has been removed or moved and the URL was not changed accordingly, or that you typed in the URL incorrectly."
Generally there's no need to make any adjustment. Removing the 404 page may disable your customer to be directed to your site. 404's may be produced by page name changes.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
TRying to edit the HTML code is fraught with danger unless you know what you are doing and unless I haven't read the problem correctly, seems a little drastic for what is a simple broken link. Meiliman is correct 404 means the page cannot be found but then again do you have a page called pilotvials.com/nullThe final part of the address being the NULL extension. http://www.pilotvials.com 
Works fine ( nice website by the way). In your editor click on the link thats not working, check the options for linking and check the link pic is indeed pointing to the required page. I see you have an ecommerce account so that where my expertise ends I am afraid. Hope this helps Homestead guys are away for the holiday weekend so I may not be back in here until Tuesday... alternatively you could try customer service 800-710-1998 but not sure if its manned 24/7
(Edited)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 66,192 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Seems that your text is overlapping and crowded on the home page. Interesting craft!
http://www.pilotvials.com/VialNecklace.html
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Which link is broken? You are not able to edit the code manually, but if the link is on the homepage it should be able to be deleted or edited to work. The URL you have if the original post, with the /null is not a valid URL
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

I'm using a SEO program that says there is this link mentioned on my website. I don't see it because I don't see the code. When you click this link it shows 404 and then goes to Homestead. I assume that it may be imbedded by them for the link to them. I may be wrong but would feel better if it wasn't showing up at all.

Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not sure what they are talking about. The provided string does not exist in the code. I am sorry, but you will need to ask them what they are seeing.
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

Thank you Drew, I am new to this stuff. I found the code they are speaking about. It is simply: 

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" link="#000000" vlink="#FF0030" alink="#FF0030" background="null" onload="" id="element1" onunload="" scroll="auto"> 

It is the null link that they are telling me is not good. I don't really understand all this stuff but am wanting to learn.

Thanks again,
Mike
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ah, now I understand. You have selected a background of image on the home page, with no image selected. Go to Page settings, then background. Select color and white to be consistent and publish.
Photo of PresentMikel

PresentMikel

Drew,
Thank you so much. That did the trick. Thanks for your patience.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

No problem. I'm glad we got it fixed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.