How can I delete photos that are in the Image Library that I no longer need?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have photos in the Image Library that I no longer need. How can I delete some of these photos? Do these unwanted/outdated photos take up disk space?
Photo of Peg9930

Peg9930

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confident

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,366 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HOW DO I DELETE OLD IMAGES:
Open your file manager, located under your URL on the page editor in the upper right corner of your page editor. You can elect to view your files using thumbnails using "Browse" at the top of the page. Select image or file not needed and delete using the delete command at the top of the page. Deleting an image that is publish will result in a blank spot on your website page.
Photo of Peg9930

Peg9930

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I"m sorry, I have no computer knowledge..  I need to delete images from the image library.   The only way I know how to access them is to "pretend" i am going to upload an image from the image library,  but once i highlight them as to "pretend" to upload I can not access the delete button.  
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Using the webpage editor, select the URL in the upper right corner of your screen > Select File Manager > Select the item you're wanting to delete from the list > press the delete key or use the garbage can icon to delete the item.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

fyi - The URL is diplayed as your website name.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 7,068 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Peg, 

I do apologize, I do not see a photo gallery on the site. If you are looking to delete an image off your website, access the editor and the page the image is on, select the image and hit backspace on your keyboard or the trash can icon from the top menu. If you want to delete it from the file manager you can access your file manager and locate and click on the image the select delete from the options in the top left. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.