horizontal drop down menus

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I'm redesigning my website using Website builder for the first time. I'm using a horizontal menu and grouping a few pages under a menu option called "Group Events". My objective is for people to hover on Group Events and see the options available on the menu under it and select the one they're interested in. However the way it's actually working is that "Group Events" on the menu can be clicked and then pulls up a blank page.
My question - how do I make "Group Events" just a menu item and not a page? I don't want anything to happen if someone clicks on this menu item. I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure out a solution and nothing works. Please help!

Photo of SW3692

SW3692

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused & frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,548 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I see you called in this morning and you were able to get the drop down menu corrected. Was there anything else we can assist you with?
Photo of SW3692

SW3692

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I did speak about this and was told that I would not be able to change it. I would need to get a third party menu generator to fix this issue. This is something I've done in the past with my website created with Sitebuilder as drop down menus were not an option there.
Is there a solution other than third party?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,548 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
A third party code would be the only way to disable the Group events from being an actual page link. Anything in the navigation menu for Website Builder does have to be linked to a page. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.