April 5th, 2013 - Email (Hmail) Update

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi All,

The Hmail issues have been resolved and everything should be up and running as normal.

If you're having trouble logging into your account, please reset your email account's password from within your homestead account.
(Email > Manage My Email Account)

If you see a yellow caution sign in your account, please reply with your email account so I can have it resolved.

If you're missing email accounts, please reply with the usernames & domain name (if you have multiple domains).

If you're still unable to send/receive email using Outlook (or other email clients) please try sending/receiving mail using webmail (homesteadmail.com).

*webmail does not work in IE10 (internet explorer version 10)

Please reply with your IP address so we make sure it's not being blocked.

Thank you for your patience while we worked on resolving these issues.

Ehsan
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Angie0569

Angie0569

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello. I cannot send email using Outlook (but I can receive). Will you resolve this issue or must I always use webmail in the future?

My IP address is 67.191.114.4. Thanks!
Photo of Angie0569

Angie0569

Still not able to send through Outlook (but I can receive). If you have any other recommendations, please let me know.
Photo of kim5791

kim5791

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Eshan...ip 70.242.120.88...incoming mail bouncing still...random outgoing is received or gets out of the outbox...
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Angie0569,

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the settings in Outlook and adding them in a reply here? I'm not sure what else would be causing your Outlook to not allow you to send, there must be a setting we're missing.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi kim5791,

It looks like your IP is blacklisted by Sorbs, in order to be delisted, you'll need to contact them.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Kim5791,

In response to your post below, I've checked with our advanced techs and unfortunately we can't do anything to help get your IP delisted, you'll need to work with Sorbs directly.

Your IP address being blacklisted is not related to the email issues we (homestead) had at the time because our IPs are now clear. You may not be able to use Outlook to send mail since that uses your IP address, but you should be able to use Webmail.

I hope this helps clarify, thank you.

Ehsan
Photo of John7494

John7494

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Finally, SOMETHING positive! Email thru Outlook has been working for two days now, but email on Galaxy II has not been working for several days ... until NOW! Let's hope this keeps up for some time to come!!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi John7494,

Thanks for the update and your patience - Glad to hear you're back up and running.

Ehsan
Photo of Steven1037

Steven1037

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
OK so thread number three i have now posted on without any resolution so here goes.

below are my comments from the last one that were ignored

"im copying and pasting all of my comments again just to see if a homestead rep is even paying any attention to this!

canadian-freestyle.com

info@

when i try to access my email via windows mail it still asks for my user name and password

if i enter them its comes up with an error

as for the online email access, that has never worked for me

have had to set up a gmail account and redirect all my email addresses on my website and store to go there .. frustrated good solution! good solution! (undo) view 0 more comments
Steven1037 20 hours ago
still getting this error

Account: 'mail.canadian-freestyle.com', Server: 'mail.canadian-freestyle.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR login failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

updates PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edit Delete Remove Cancel
Steven1037 16 hours ago
so is anyone from homestead going to make any additional comments?

seems like this is pointless as YOUR customers are getting zero responses or replies on this subjet Edit Delete Remove Cancel
Steven1037 less than a minute ago
is anyone from Homestead even looking at this thread? "

i have been to my web builder, go to manage email accounts to do the reset pasword, but when i hit the link i get this

"This default message is generated by the starter Homestead ISAPI Wizard. Edit your CEmailManagerExtension::Default() implementation to change it. "

my ip address is 99.239.55.168

when this has been resolved please have someone contact me on my new FUNCTIONING Gmail account info.canadianfreestyle@gmail.com
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Steven1037,

It looks like your IP address is being blacklisted by Sorbs - You'll need to contact them to have your IP delisted or removed from their blacklist.

Please log into Webmail see if you're able to send/receive mail from there, if so, then once you're removed the blacklist you shouldn't have trouble with Outlook.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Steven1037,

I'm really sorry you haven't received a response yet -

Are you able to log into webmail (homesteadmail.com) and send/receive mail from there? Please give that a try as that will help me determine if the issue is on our end or with windows mail.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Mister Ron

Mister Ron

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Cannot send/receive from POP (cox.net).
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Mister Ron,

Please try logging into Webmail (homesteadmail.com) and try to send/receive email from there and let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Malauna5938

Malauna5938

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why were subscribers to Homestead not notified there were email problems? Maybe an email was sent but never reached due to the service disruption.I have not received an email since last week. Unfortunately, I'm traveling and web mail states I am over my quota. This is not correct. Please contact me on my personal account to resolve this issue at PoisonPenAnnie202@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Photo of Malauna5938

Malauna5938

Yellow caution message received this morning. Anyone?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Maluna5982,

What is the email account you're receiving the yellow caution sign on?

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Malauna5938

Malauna5938

I haven't received a response. I set up the email again in Outlook. But there is a large gap from March 31 to April8. Is there a way to get those emails? Please respond.
Photo of Malauna5938

Malauna5938

Is there a response to this posted elsewhere?
Photo of Mister Ron

Mister Ron

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I was able to receive yesterday. Now, even with a password reset, locked out.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Mister Ron,

Are you using webmail, an email client (outlook etc), or a mobile device?

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of jacki2658

jacki2658

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My email is still not working, I have reset my password like instructed and it still won't work. Please Help, this has gone on too long!!!!!!!!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi jacki2658,

Are you using Webmail or an email client like Outlook? What is not working, sending, receiving or both?

Are you receiving any error messages or bounce back emails?

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Mark3624

Mark3624

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
i am sending and receiving fine thru hmail. thru outlook am receiving but cannot send without a 550 #5.1.0 address reject message. my ip address is 71.72.184.187 and i am blacklisted on a 1/2 dozen servers. please fix.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Mark3624,

We can't remove your IP from a blacklist, you'll need to contact them yourself unfortunately. It looks like Sorbs currently has you listed, click that link to go to their page where you can contact them to be delisted.

It sounds like the issue is specific to Outlooks which means it most likely has nothing to do with the blacklist. I'd suggest trying to change your outgoing server port number which can be found under Settings > More Options > Advanced (tab): Change it from 25 to 587 or vice versa.

Let me know if that helps, thanks.

Ehsan
Photo of kim5791

kim5791

i have contacted sorbs and they cannot remove it
Photo of Don8228

Don8228

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
•I'm still having trouble accessing one of my two homestead email addresses - it keeps asking for a password. I also have the yellow error box. I use Outlook for email. The email address is h2o@h2omissions.org for web site www.h2omissions.org
Photo of Mike6882

Mike6882

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Eshan. All is working now.
-Mike
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Mike6882,

Thanks for the udpate!
Photo of Don8228

Don8228

I'm still having a problem with one of my two email addresses. I use Outlook for email. The problem email is h2o@h2omissions.org. Web site is www.h2omissions.org. IP Address 76.190.200.234
The problem is that I receive an error message to enter my password. I also have the yellow triangle error message at bottom right of screen--This has been this way for two weeks. Can you help?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Don8228,

Please try signing into the account in question using Webmail (homesteadmail.com). If you're able to login and send/receive email there then it's most likely a setting in Outlook.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Don8228

Don8228

You obviously aren't seeing or reading my full message. I have always used the 587 port setting so that isn't the problem. Your company needs to prepare a script for us to use when responding to the form we need to prepare for the company's that are blacklisting us, as I said one of these companies is in Chinese. Besides, even if I remove myself from the blacklist won't I still have a problem with my email account server settings in Outlook. What should the incoming and outgoing mail accounts look like--homesteadmail.com or my web site domain???? This is becoming more and more frustrating--You need to give us some worthwhile information.

a blacklist I was able to send an email using my problem email address from webmail (homesteadmail.com) as you suggested, but now what. What do I need to change in my Outlook Account Information? Also, I found out that I am on 4 blacklists--How do I resolve this situation?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Don8228,

I would try changing the outgoing server port number from 25 to 587, or vice versa.

The outgoing server port number can be found in Outlook's settings > more settings > Advanced (tab).

In regard to the blacklists, you'll need to contact that particular blacklist and ask them to remove you. We're unable to do this for you unfortunately because it's your IP and not ours.

Let me know if changing the outgoing server port number doesn't help.

Thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Graham3931

Graham3931

• 274 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ehsan our IP Address is 58.169.216.60

3rd request for action PLEASE help

wealth@wealth-creators-club.com still no emails for a week

Bev@wealth-creators-club.com " " " " ditto

cgoodwin@ wealth-creators-club.com log in with html version only - some emails getting through

I tried logging in to access from there also
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Graham3931,

IE10 is not compatible with hmail so I'd recommend using Firefox in you continue to use Webmail.

Do you by any chance have your email setup using an email client like Outlook or a mobile device or tablet etc? If so, it's possible that the mail is being received there.

Another possibility is that your email box is full (250MB storage limit).

When you log into Webmail, if you hover your mouse over your name in the top right corner it should tell you how much space is being used.

If you don't think you have this email address setup as a pop account elsewhere, please change the password in your account and then try sending yourself a test message. By changing your password the mail will not be downloaded anywhere else until the password is updated.

Let me know if that helps, thanks.

Ehsan
Photo of Graham3931

Graham3931

Answers to the points raised re wealth@wealth-creators-club.com

I am using Firefox
I am not using a tablet etc
My email box is 32% full 80.9 mb

I have again just changed my password (many times now)

Sent various test emails again - I can still only send emails from the account but do not receive emails
Photo of Graham3931

Graham3931

Hi Ehsan

I tried sending an email from cgoodwin@wealth-creators-club.com
and it got through but from my bigpond account I get the error message
An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'testing 12/04'
Server Error: 554
Server Response: 554 nskntcmgw05p BigPond Outbound [OB105. Connection refused. 101.103.29.254 is listed on the Exploits Block List (XBL). Please visit http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/ for more information.
Server: 'mail.bigpond.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Photo of Graham3931

Graham3931

Hi Ehsan

I cleared it from spamhouse and all seems well now.
Thanks for your help
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Graham,

I was just replying to your previews post and going to suggest you contact them to clear it up but it looks like you're one step ahead of me.

Thanks again for all your patience and keeping me up to date.

Ehsan
Photo of Angie0569

Angie0569

Thanks, Ehsan. Here is a screenshot:

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Thanks!.. I would say double check what you've entered in the other settings as well, specifically the outgoing servers (it should be smtp.homesteadmail.com).

Also, we're not blocking your IP but it looks like it might still be showing up on some blacklists. I'd suggest contacting them to have your IP removed or delisted - Unfortunately we cannot do it because it's your IP not ours.

Also, you may want to contact your ISP (internet service provider) to see if they've by any chance blocked your IP from sending (possibly due to being blacklisted) or if they can recommend a specific outgoing server port because 25 & 587 are not working.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Angie0569

Angie0569

FYI, according to the blacklist, messages sent by Comcast subscribers using a mail program such as Outlook Express are required to send the email through Comcast. However, smtp.comcast.net does not work with Homestead (it does work with my other providers). I changed the outgoing server to smtp.homesteadmail.com and sent a test message. The message bounced back as undeliverable:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test
Sent: 4/8/2013 3:15 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'Firstname Lastname' on 4/8/2013 3:15 PM
550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

Any ideas?
Photo of Angie0569

Angie0569

Outlook is working now. No clue why. But thanks!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Angie0569,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it.

Ehsan
Photo of Graham3931

Graham3931

Graham3931 5 minutes ago

Hi Ehsan

1st email address (Each one has different problems)

wealth@wealth-creators-club.com
I use https://www.homestead.com/~site/jws/m... (webmail)

I can only access by using the html prompt . I sent a test email and received same on my local telstra Australian email address - (I have changed password several times) BUT do not receive emails and can't access my folders (error message).

This page can't be displayed

•Make sure the web address https://mail6.homesteadmail.com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

2nd email address (Each one has different problems)

bev@wealth-creators-club.com

Cannot access at all - As before I use https://www.homestead.com/~site/jws/m... (webmail) and have changed email password Same error message comes up as above

3rd email address
cgoodwin@wealth-creators-club.com
I use https://www.homestead.com/~site/jws/m... (webmail)

I can only access by using the html prompt .Receiving some emails into the account but have no way of knowing if I am getting all of them.
HOWEVER I tried to send a test email to my local telstra Australian email address but unlike 1 above do not receive it.

Regards

Graham
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Graham,

Sorry for the delay, I'm still looking into your accounts on my end. Please see my response to your post above.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Graham3931

Graham3931

Hi Ehsan

Please see my responses to my post above
Photo of Frank8711

Frank8711

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Still Having problems logging in to email account.
dwalker@mypridehauling.com Is the trouble e-mail.
www.mypridehauling.com Is the domain.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Frank8711,

What browser are you using when trying to log into this account? Are you receiving any error messages?

Try using a different browser and if it's telling you the credentials are not correct (username or password):

-make sure you're entering the full email address as the username (including the @website.com)

-reset the email account's password by logging into your Homestead account:
Click Email > Manage my email account
Click the pencil icon next to your email address > enter a new password, twice.

Let me know if this helps, thanks.

Ehsan
Photo of Mark3624

Mark3624

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
in order to get my outlook mail working, the smtp server had to be set to homesteadmail.com, and I had to check the box for "my outbound server requires authentication" under the outbound server tab.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Mark3624,

Thanks for sharing what you changed that got it working for you.

Ehsan
Photo of corylamb214849

corylamb214849

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't log into my email, and it's no longer listed in the email manager. My email is info@lambslawncare.com and the domain is lambslawncare.com. Thanks for your help.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi corylamb214849,

Sorry for the delay -

I'll have the hmail admins take a look to see what's going on and to see if it can be restored.

Thanks for your patience.

Ehsan
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi corylamb214849,

I just got word that it should be restored back to your account. Please login and let me know if it's working as normal now.

Thank you!

Ehsan
Photo of kim5791

kim5791

my dynamic ip address w homestead...blacklisted...cant homestead fix this please.

ppp-70-242-120-88.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net Blacklist
Monitor Changes:
4/9/2013 4:17:05 PM: ppp-70-242-120-88.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net Blacklist

Added to Spamhaus-ZEN

Details:
Details: Blacklisted - SORBS-DUHL, Spamhaus-ZEN

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi kim5791,

Unfortunately not because the IP address does not belong to us. You'll need to contact Sorbs directly to have your IP address delisted.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Ehsan
Photo of kim5791

kim5791

i have contacted sorbs and they will not remove it
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi kim5791,

Thanks for trying to contact them - Unfortunately we're unable to do anything on our end as it's not our IP and we have no control over the blacklist.

My only other suggestion would be to contact your ISP (internet service provider) to see if they're able to help in anyway because they're providing you with the IP address.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Artur2516

Artur2516

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Dear Ehsan

I try to synchronize the Outlook 2010 for a while now - no go. I used all settings Homestead, IMAP with ports 143 and 587. I will really appreciate some help as now each time I try to redo it outlook is timed out. This is really serious for my business. email is aburgiel@seawaytrade.com, website: www.seawaytrade.com