Homestead does not back up saved website pages

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Clearly saving pages on your servers is not true. As a long time customer, I am deeply disappointed after working hard on a new website, Homestead lost all of the saved, unpublished pages. The reason offered? Perhaps you walked away from your computer and it timed out. Seriously? The pages were saved and I went back to developing them every time I worked on them without a hitch. Then I am offline for a few days and come back to finish the work and all of the pages are gone and unrecoverable. There was custom copy and design that cannot be redone. No apology of any kind. The new system is a rip off at best and does not take customers into consideration. It was clearly not ready to be launched. Why would I put the time in again only to have it lost? Is it not the main service of a host to store your information?
Photo of Christine9434

Christine9434

• 766 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Christine9434,

Sorry for this bad experience. If the pages were not actually published then we won't have a backup copy. Here are a couple ideas to prevent this from happening in the future. One option is to go ahead and publish the pages, but don't create links to the pages from the live site until the pages are ready to be viewed. Another option is to go ahead and publish and link the pages, but put a password on the pages until you are ready for them to be seen.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Christine9434

Christine9434

This does not explain why the pages were there for weeks during the time I was working on the site without publishing them and now they are missing.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I see that you were using SiteBuilder Plus, which means there might be a backup copy of your saved, (but unpublished pages). What was the last known date before they were lost?

Was it the entire site, or just certain pages. If you can tell me which website, what the page names were and the date, we can give it a try.

Mike
Photo of Christine9434

Christine9434

I already went through this with two support people and they said that there was nothing and that I had deleted my own site. I do not have a specific date. It was about 9-10 days ago before today. The only remaining page was the index. I do not even recall all of the page as I was working on it with the assumption is was being saved. www.onelegacycoaching.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I just sent you an email with some information showing your save point. This may help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.