Homestead E Mail is very unreliable

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving

Hello Homestead,

I run a very large karaoke competition and it is critical that my emails get to the contestants. I hear it all the time, I didn't get an email. Of course we all know most of the time it's on the receiver end....with blocks etc.....but this time around I decided to actually listen to my people and approximately 2 out of 10 do not get the email at all when it is sent out BCC. Can HS look into this and see if there is something can be done.
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

• 3,718 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

When you are sending the emails to people via BCC, how many people are you sending to? I have heard of issues sending to a large amount of people with the BCC, but it should work if you are only BCCing a couple people. If you provide the email headers of an email that people are saying didn't receive, I can investigate if the mail left the server or if there was an issue with it.
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

It has varied anywhere from 12-60. I will send you the info after I am done with this competition 9-22.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Sounds good. If you could try and test if people receive the email limiting the number of people you BCC to maybe 1 or 2 and see if they receive the email also. It could also be in the message content.
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

That will not work for what I do, I handle huge competitions, I need my mail server to be able to handle much bigger loads, that will take me all day to communicate with my contestants. If that's the best HS can do, I need to find another server.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We will need to see the source of the message when you are ready. This will allow us to determine if the message was blocked on the way out, or by the recipient server.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.